Chapter 121

-

I slowly opened my eyes, finding Negan entering the shack while the morning sun peeked through the window and blinded me momentarily.

"Did you sleep?" I asked while sitting up on the sofa.

"Yeah." He mumbled, his voice extra deep from his sleep.

"Where'd you go?" I inquired while stretching my arms.

"To piss." He answered while lingering by the door. I groaned and rubbed my eyes before forcing myself to stand up.

"Ready to go already?" I asked as I stood up and grabbed my flannel from the coat rack.

"Figured you'd want to get back." He replied, dryly.

"I'm not in a hurry." I stated while pulling my flannel onto my arms.

"Who has Magnolia?" He asked.

"Carol and Maggie." I answered while running my fingers through my hair.

"Another storm is coming. We can get back before it hits." He stated while opening the door.

"Okay." I mumbled while heading out to the outhouse to do my business.

After taking the fastest pee in my life, I left the spider infested outhouse and nearly ran back inside the shack to freshen myself up for the day.

I entered the shack, finding Negan reading through what appeared to be someone's journal.

I remained silent while I brushed through my wavy hair and braided into a single braid before taking my travel toothbrush and toothpaste and stepping outside.

I quickly brushed my teeth and rinsed with a sip of water before stepping back inside, finding Negan completely entranced with what he was reading.

"What's that?" I questioned while zipping my backpack up.

"Someone's confessions to all the people they've killed." He muttered while closing the journal and returning it to the mantle above the fireplace.

"That's comforting." I joked while picking up my rifle and adjusting the sling over my chest.

"Let's go." He ordered with a sharp tone while leaving the shack.

"What's your problem?" I asked while following him out.

"Don't have one." He answered as we entered the trail in the woods.

"Okay." I mumbled while glancing to the bluebird in the tree to our right.

After a couple hours of walking, I decided I needed to rest or I was going to pass out from exhaustion.

"I need a break." I stated while sitting down on a nearby, fallen tree.

I inhaled a deep breath and exhaled before drinking a few sips of water. I furrowed my eyebrows, feeling extremely weak again like I was from the infection.

"We don't have all day." Negan replied while I drank a few more sips of water.

I clenched my jaw and returned my water bottle to my bag before standing up.