Chapter 106

-

I sat down on my bed and looked down at my flat stomach before hesitantly placing my hand over where the bump will be.

"I'm sorry I did this to you, too." I mumbled.

"I've given you a broken body to grow in, a broken family, and you'll live in a broken world. But yet I can't let you go." I whispered as several tears fell from my eyes.

I stood up and pulled a duffel bag out from the closet before filling it with a pair of pajamas, jeans, two t-shirts, a bra, and underwear.

"You leaving?" Rick asked from behind me.

"I need to go to Hilltop for a day. I need to get some things off of my mind." I answered while sipping the bag.

"You're telling Negan?" He asked while closing the door.

"If I don't the guilt will eat me alive for that too." I mumbled.

"I'm going with you." He stated while taking a step forward.

"You are?" I asked, feeling surprised he wasn't angry with me at the moment.

"I'm not letting you go without me. He will think he can have the run around on you if I'm not there. And I have something I need to take care of." He answered. I nodded my head, feeling appreciative.

"How was the appointment?" He inquired.

"Okay, I guess. Five weeks. Told me about risks, no stress, and to take it easy." I rambled while throwing my bag over my shoulder.

"I'll get Magnolia and let Duncan know I'll be back in the morning." He stated as he walked ahead of me down the hallway.

We drove in complete silence to Hilltop, neither one of us saying anything to each other. Rick stopped the car at the gate before waving up at Abraham who was on the guard stand.

The gates open and we drove inside before being greeted by Glenn and Maggie.

"Hey! What brings you two?" Glenn asked as he closed the gates behind us.

"They missed us." Maggie joked while throwing her arms around me after I got out of the car.

"You just can't get enough of us." Glenn stated while laughing.

"He knows?" Maggie whispered into my ear.

I nodded my head and pulled away from her, watching as her eyes glanced to Rick while he spoke with Glenn. Maggie took Magnolia from me and my eyes immediately landed on Negan who was walking by the barn with his eyes on all of us.

"I need to talk to him." I told Maggie as I departed myself from the group.

I quickly walked my way over to him as he began walking to the house he shared with Tara and Abraham.

"Hey." I called after him as I caught up to him.

"Rick gonna shoot me for talking to you?" He asked as he entered the house.

"No." I muttered as I closed the door behind me.

"What are you doing here?" He asked as he briefly placed a hand to his injured shoulder.

"I need to talk to you." I answered while trying to prepare myself for his angry reaction.

"Hurry. I've got shit to do." He ordered while turning to face me.

"I'm pregnant." I blurted while watching his eyes scan mine.

"Okay?" He replied while raising an eyebrow.