Chapter 125

-

2 Days Later

-

"Hi, neighbor!" Glenn yelled as he waved at me from across the street.

I laughed and waved back while Maggie walked over to my house.

"Hey." Maggie greeted while sitting down beside me.

"Hey." I replied.

"Evidently someone beat the shit out of Negan." She informed me while propping her feet up.

"How do you know?" I questioned.

"Tara just moved in. She's who told me." She stated.

"Well." I mumbled.

"Why didn't you tell me the truth about what happened to you?" She asked while looking at me with concerned eyes.

I remained quiet and looked to Judith who was running down the street.

"Carol told me it was Negan." Maggie stated.

"Of course she did." I sighed while crossing my arms.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked.

"It wasn't worth what would've erupted from it." I answered while looking back to her.

"I'm not mad, I'm just hurt. You know you can come to me for anything." She mumbled while placing her hand on my arm.

I nodded my head and forced a smile while placing my hand over hers.

"You're still wearing your ring?" She asked while eyeing my wedding ring.

"Yeah. Don't know why." I mumbled while shrugging my shoulders.

"I think I'm having this baby today." She groaned while leaning back.

"That's exciting." I stated while forcing myself to think about something else.

"I'll see you later. I'm going to go supervise Glenn while he finishes the baby's nursery." She sighed while standing up.

"Okay. Take it easy, Mags." I ordered while standing up to pull her up from the chair.

-

I sighed and entered the kitchen, feeling extremely lonely as Magnolia was staying the night at Rick's while I unpacked our things and settled in.

I grabbed a wine glass from the shelf and sat it on the counter before pouring a large serving of red wine.

"I lied to you, huh?"

I gasped and turned around, finding Negan slowly making his way toward me. My eyes widened as I noticed the swelling around his right eye along with several cuts and bruises scattered around on his face.

"What are you doing here? When did you get here?" I asked as I sat the wine bottle down.

"Only person who lied here is you, Jess." He stated, causing my heart to race the closer he got to me. I narrowed my eyes slightly as I noticed the anger in his eyes, very similar to the way he was the other night.

"I didn't lie." I stated while furrowing my eyebrows.

"You said you were done with Rick... said you were in love with me. But yet, you come running back to him and spill your damn guts without telling him the whole story." He explained while cornering me against the counter.

"Stop." I ordered as I placed my hand on his chest.

"You think I'm just gonna let that shit slide?" He asked while forcing my chin up so he was looking into my eyes.