Work

So Y/n is studying for a huge test that's coming up and spends all her time studying. Her Girlfriends feels unprioritized.

Requested by avengerswriter4eva

Y/N pov
I can say I feel bad. I really do. It's just, basically my whole career is based in this test and if I fail J might lose it all. My girlfriend is very hard working and usually out and about. We've been dating for four years. I was thinking that, after the test I would pop the pretty question.
But she is currently on break and for once, I have to do something that takes all day and night.
"Babe! Food!" I hear her shout. I have to do this, I think to myself so I get up and walk downstairs hugging Florence from behind "Smells delicious as always dear" I compliment kissing her cheek. "Do you want to take it up?" She asks almost monotone. I sit down "No. I have to stop doing that" She jumps up and sits opposite me.
After eating the room is quiet. She wants to say something. "What is it babe?" I ask trying to look her in her eyes but she avoids it at all costs.
"I think... I think, we should take a break".

Silence

"O-OK. Why" Then she tears up.
"I-I just, know how important this test is but don't you see that I'll still be here even if you fail." To be honest. I felt her. "A-and I just finished filming and come back and see you putting work before me again. And to be honest I just feel so... Lonely"
I nod slowly processing things. "I-I fully understand you Flo. I probably would do the same. B-But how long is the break gonna be" She looks down "I don't know, I honestly didn't think it would come to this resort. I just, I want to help you. But don't know how" Suddenly I have an Idea. "Well, what if we take a break and just be platonic and after the test we'll see how we're doing. But just, please don't move out" She nods slowly and then quicker wiping her nose and sniffling a last time.

-time skip bc I suck at emotional shit-
Florence pov
It has been two weeks since we had that talk and today's the day of the test. We've been pretty good at the platonic shit. Even though we almost kissed twice. Those were wierd situations.
"Flo! I'm going!" Y/n shouts from the front door. I jump up and sprint to the door jumping on her, so that she had to hold my thighs while I was hugging her. "Good luck darling" yeah, the pet names never changed. I kiss her forhead and she let's me down. Then after winking she walks to her black Audi.

Y/N pov
I just finished the test and we have to wait half an hour. I was in a room with six other people, who I was now chatting with. Darrol, Katrin, Sarah, Alice, Leo and Mandy. Leo and Mandy were together, Darol was gay and Katrin had a husband the rest were single Pringles.
Then just before the results were due Sarah came up to me. "You doing anything after" I wanted drama so I awnsered not completely wrong "I don't know yet, but" She touches my upper arm to stop me. "So you wanna go out with me hot shot" I smirk "I don't know let me see what my girlfriend has to say to that" Knowing Flo would pick me up. "She doesn't have to know" I gulp before she bends over me holding my collar. I put my hands in between me and her and try to push her away. "Please. No." I say sternly. I then see a pretty well manicured hand grab her shoulder "What do you think you're doing girl" she turns around to Flo. "Oh my God! Florence Pugh!" she fangirls. "Me and my girlfriend were just having a moment" I look at Florence pleadingly. She cackles "Oh yea right. Last time I checked she was my girlfriend" Sarah looked unconvinced so I pulled Flo in for a kiss. A long one at that. When we pulled away she was long gone. Then the instructor comes in "Are you Y/n Y/l/n" I nod and he hands me the papers. I look up with glee and Flo notices too. We dance around a bit and then return to her car "Girlfriend huh" I shake my head laughing. "You know what. Maybe you could get out real quick I've got a surprise" She climes out of the car and I get out too. Then when I get to her side we walk a bit to a little gathering of trees. There I get on one knee "Florence Rose Pugh will you marry me"
"Duck yea"
"Duck?" I ask as I slide the ring on her finger. "Oh shut up" and then she kisses me so hard, that we fell into the grass with her ontop.

Hehe. Sarah and Duck ✨Quak✨
I am currently also working on a Scarlet Widow fanfic si I'll notify yall when it's out.

-876 words