~fight night~

————————————————————

your pov:

"y/n, for the last time!"

You immediately broke from your trance from your boyfriends voice,looking over at him, your brows furrowed.

"please don't pick at your fingers, you're going to hurt yourself-" before he could finish his sentence, you replied with a quick apology.

"i know! i know, i'm sorry.." you frowned, looking down at your bracelet. It's the one vinnie had made, late one night at your house. A simple thread with some beads. You're sure it wasn't that much of an effort, but to you it meant the world. Anything he did for u, big or small, never went unnoticed.

"i'm just looking out for you." his eyes peeked through his eyes as the women crouching in front of him, continued asking him questions. It was a bunch of information about the fight and the legality of it all. Just basically tons of shit you didn't really understand- nor care about. All you cared about was your boyfriends safety.

At first, you were happy about the fight. Seeing how competitive your boyfriend was, it was good for him to get out and meet more people who he could learn from. He was by far the most curious boy you ever met. He loved taking tips and learning tricks from people, anything to help him better his craft. He's been like that since elementary. One thing about vinnie hacker was that he wanted to be the best possible version of himself, and that means being as good as humanly possible when it comes to just about anything, fighting was no different.

He was overly confident and always came home with sweat in his locks and a big smile on his face. You began to dread the day the fight came though. You had gotten so use to seeing him at the gym, giving him back rubs and letting him use you as weights, picking you up and giving you kisses while doing push-ups. You didn't really want it to end, mainly because you were scared he would get hurt.

He has the talk with you, promising you that he would do whatever he has to get out of that ring safe and sound to come back home to you. Nights of snuggling and whispering sweet nothings became harder to say goodbye to. You gave up on social media. Honestly the only one you really used was tiktok, just to see what your beautiful boyfriend was up to. You were never really a fan of putting yourself out there like that. That was something you always admired vinnie for, and maybe that's why you were so perfect together. You were perfectly fine with being his shadow, sticking by his side throughout everything. You absolutely hated being center of attention so when vinnie would post pictures of you on his instagram story, or pan over to you sitting on the couch at the end of his thirst traps, you were immediately uncomfortable. It was a good uncomfortable though. Vinnie helped you step out of your shell and you began to get noticed by fans whenever you left the house. It was definitely something you wouldn't have seen yourself doing, but god, did that boy change you.

So here you were, sitting on the floor of what could only be assumed as a dressing room, vinnie beside you, his legs sprawled out as a women began lathering what looked like grease all over his body. You shooting her a few death glares whenever her hands trailed down too far for your liking which vin definitely found adorable.

Reporters and people in lanyards surrounded you. Vinnie brought all of his friends to watch the event so they sat in chairs behind the two of you. You and vinnie were the only two sitting on the ground, everyone else either standing or in chairs. Constant yelling and information clouded the room as you started to feel yourself panic. Vinnie didn't notice your upset state as he was talking about something with a friend and laughing about something stupid he said.

As people started to arrive, one of vinnies managers told everyone to get out so they could have some space. People slowly started to trickle through the door and out the halls, speakers blasting. Your back was pressed against a suitcase and the lanyard you were given was tickling your neck as you absentmindedly started wiggling your toes.