~ft~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You'd just finished getting dressed and doing your makeup when your phone rang from your dresser, making you rush over to see who was calling.

You were delightfully surprised to see your boyfriend'd contact lighting up your screen. You didn't waste any time and accepted hid face time.

"Hey, baby!" he shouted excitedly. As he moved around, you took notice that he was in the pool. A few weeks ago Vinnie went to Budapest on a boys trip, dumb i know but i had to let him have at least a lil fun without. It made you glad to see that he was making time to have fun and not overworking himself. You'd seen firsthand the effects of Vinnie obsessing on work and becoming exhausted.

"Hello, my love." you greeted him warmly, flashing a pretty smile that was reserved only for him. "Staying cool?"

Vinnie angled his phone up to show you the pool and his body submerged in it. He was wearing red swim short and the chain you'd bought him as a gift before he left. "You know it baby."

Humming in approval, your eyes floated back to your mirror, staring at yourself as you put on your jewerly. You felt good. You were wearing your favourite lipstick, your outfit was on point, you knew you looked good. To top it all off, you put your favourite pair of earrings.

Vinnie eyed your figure carefully through the screen and furrowed a brow. "You're looking sexy, does someone have a date?" Vinnie teases jokingly, making you look back at him.

Deadpanning, you nodded shortly. "Yeah, this guy from the bagel place we go to asked me out this morning."

You watched Vinnie's face fall, his phone almost falling into the water as you took him by surprise. You threw your head back in laughter at his reaction, realizing your boyfriend thought you were serious. "Baby, i'm kidding! I'm going out with Stacy and her friends later, they invited me to go dancing."

"Scared me there, sweetheart." Vinnie let out a large sigh,running hand through his wet hair as a relieved expression took over his face. "That's so unfair, you know i love dancing with you."

You pouted and rested your head in your palm. "I know, i wish you were here."

"You look good." Vinnie noted, subtly changing the subject. He didn't want you to get emotional and ruin the vibes for your night out. "And those earrings are pretty. Did your boyfriend buy you those?"

This was just like Vinnie. He always knew how to lighten the mood, knew just what to do or say to make you smile and laugh.

Giggling softly, you picked up your phone and brought it extremely close to your face. "Yes my boyfriend bought me these." you mocked, cheekily smiling when he stared at you with fake offense.

Vinnie brought his face close to his own camera and it almost felt like he was face to face with you. He pouted his lips, blowing you a kiss. "Love you, mon amour."

Your heart swelled with pride and you felt those all too familiar butterflies swarm your tummy. You didn't hesitate to throw him an air kiss in return. "Love you too, Vin."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not proof read I apologise for any mistakes

credits: @petersvenom on tumblr <3

Visual representation of what vinnie looked like ^

🤍