~say it back~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Whatcha doing today?" You turned side to side on the stool, chewing quietly on the open case of blueberries on the counter in front of you.

Vinnie sighed over the top of his coffee cup, blowing the steam over instead of up. His dark brows furrowed slightly, lips pursed, "We don't have plans?"

You shrugged, "I don't think so. It's just another wednesday."

"And you don't want to do anything?" Vinnie tilted his head towards you.

You shook your head, popped another berry. "I don't have anything in mind."

"Maybe i'll see if Ryan wants to hang out, then."

You hummed in response and went in for a sip of your water. Vinnie moved to sit beside you, thigh brushing yours. His skin was warm from sleep, those stupid British flag shorts a fan got him unmatching his green sweatshirt. You had been up and dressed long before him for class and enjoyed a bit of alone time. Now, he was awake, and you were graced by his presence.

"I have some  schoolwork to get done anyways." You teetered you head until it fell onto his shoulder.

Vinnie switched his coffee to his other hand, wrapping the other around your back. "I'll bring you back a seashell."

You smiled to yourself, blushing at the sentiment. He always insisted on bringing things back- shirts, dog tags, keychains, post cards, autographs. He wanted you to have things. His love language was gifts, being remembered by someone with a small object even when he's halfway across the universe.

When you finished your share of berries, you closed the container at your desk and began your schoolwork. Vinnie moved around the room, the slowly emptying of his coffee cup signifying the time that went by as he got ready.

You slowly chipped away at your work, eventually getting a pretty decent amount of work done. Vinnie was in the shower now, leaving the room quiet. You decided to take a break and opened tiktok on your phone. You planted your chin on your fist, palm on the desk.

You landed on anther one of those couple's tiktoks, the sometimes cringey, wholesome-ly cute videos that reminded you of how lucky you were to be in love. Healthy love. This one was a new trend of not saying i love you back when you partner is leaving. You'd always wanted to try doing one of these trends on Vinnie, but nothing ever really stuck with you. But this one- this one was good.

You went back to your schoolwork when Vinnie came out of the bathroom, knowing that he would be leaving soon. You set your phone up, camera facing the length of your bedroom, and putting his shoes on. When he sprayed his cologne, filling the room and your senses, you bit back a smile.

"Okay, I'm headed out," he planted his hands on the back of your computer chair.

You leaned back, looking up at him with a smile, "Have fun."

Vinnie puckered his lips and dipped his head down to kiss you. You hand caught his chin, and held him against you for a moment. He pulled away, stroked your cheek as he went, and said, "Love you."

"Okay, bye, hun. Have fun with Ryan," you faced your computer again.

Vinnie was halfway out the door, but hesitated. "Love you."

"Have fun!" You echoed, clamping down on your bottom lip with your teeth. Your cheeks were red, burning hot at the laughter holding back in your throat.

Vinnie leaned against the doorframe, facing you, "Everything okay?"

You spun to face him, "Yeah, why?"

He furrowed his brows, "You said you didn't want to do anything today."

"I don't," you nodded at your computer, "I have schoolwork."

"So," Vinnie's eyes flickered around, trying to understand why hadn't said you loved him, "is everything okay with that? The schoolwork?"

You glanced at the open tabs, "It's fine. Go, have fun with Ryan. Bye!"

Vinnie groaned, throwing his head back. You giggled a little and his head snapped forward. "I LOVE YOU!" He exclaimed, bending at the knees as he thew his hands in the air.

You met his eyes, grinning now, "Bye!"

"Baby!" He moved back in front of you, grabbing your hand and shaking you wildly. "If i die, the last thing you would've said to me is, 'bye'. I know if i lost the love of my life and all i got was a crummy 'bye', i would literally kill myself."

You shrugged, through you were giggling, and said, "Cool. Bye."

Vinnie grabbed your face in his hands and started peppering kisses all across your skin. You were a giggling mess now, unable to escape his crazy affection. He said, "say it back!"

Finally, you gave in, pushing him off of you, "Okay, I LOVE YOU. Now, go, leave- leave!"

Vinnie cheered, punching the air. "I will see you later. Love you."

"Love you."

You shook your head at his retreating back before facing the camera with bright red cheeks, split with a grin. You turned it off, cut the edges of the video, and posted it on you tiktok. You tagged Vinnie, and he was the first person to and comment on it. His comment had a lot of exclamation marks, a threat that he would get back at you. But, he responded to his own comment with, "I love you."

The fans loved it, to say the least.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not proof read I apologise for any mistakes

credits: @heartbreakgrill on tumblr<3

just ate two apples feeling healthy

🤍