~tie~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vinnie sighed, flicking his collar up once more, looping the tie around his neck, and carefully measuring the ends together before crossing one over the other. Over, behind, over, half behind, pull through the loop and down and-

"Ughhh," He huffed in frustration, pulling it loose for the third time.

His hair was already appropriately styled; white button-up shirt neatly pressed against his chest, shoes on, and suit jacket ready. He would be ready to head to the party if it wasn't for this tie, "Okay, one more time," He muttered quietly.

He fixed his collar and repeated the actions. But this fourth time was already turning out to be more lopsided than the attempts before, "Ughhh!" he grumbled, pulling the tie from around his neck and tossing it on the floor.

"Well, that's a perfect example of how not to tie a tie," he heard a voice say from the doorway.

To his surprise, there you were, already ready for the party, when you picked the tie off the floor, dusting off barely any dust and grinning at him.

"It's not working- i'm just gonna go get changed-"

"Come here, baby," You smiled, interrupting his protests.

He huffed, taking a sigh of defeat before narrowing his eyes to your direction once more and moving to stand in front of you.

As he stands in front of you, you carefully put the tie back around his neck, biting the corner of your lip in concentration as you tie it for him. It took you just a few minutes to make sure it was done correctly and wasn't too tight for him.

"And...there you go."

Feeling satisfied, you look up to meet his gaze. He was staring at you, an amused and soft smirk on his lips that made his eyes somehow lit up, and there was something else too. It wasn't just the type of smile that formed from the sweet gratitude for the help. It was more of a gaze that still make your heart beat somewhat faster in your chest and somehow stole you breath away.

"What will i ever do without you?"

"Hmm," You giggle before tilting your head upward and placing a quick gentle kiss on his cheek, "I say you will definitely spend the whole night figuring out how to actually tie a tie."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not proof read I apologise for any mistakes

credits: @mendesblurb on tumblr <3

should've brought a clip on tie

🤍