~pinky ring~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

your pov:

You woke up and immediately wish you hadn't.

Today was the day vinnie was leaving to go visit his parents in Seattle while you stayed to keep working in LA. To say you were going to miss him would be an understatement. You realized the first time he went away that it was hard for you to sleep without him and when workgot hard or you got stressed about anything, just his presence next to you would calm you down.

You spend a few minuted admiring his sleeping form and gently stroking his hair out of his face when he begins to stir.

"morning," he yawns stretching a bit.

"good morning, love," you smile, gently pecking his nose.

"what time is it?" he asks, his eyes still closed.

"around 10:30 i think," you respond, having looked at the time a few minutes ago.

"my plane leaves at 2," he groans, shifting to lay on his back.

"i'm gonna miss you," you say quietly, moving to rest your head on his chest.

"imma miss you too,baby," he responds grabbing your hand that was also resting on his chest.

"yea i don't know i just feel like this times gonna be worse you know," you sigh, cuddling further into his side.

"it'll be ok baby. i'll be back before you know it," he reassures, rubbing your back soothingly as you both fall into a comfortable silence.

"i have an idea," he gasps suddenly, after a while before sitting up.

"what love?" you ask, mildly concerned at the sudden outburst.

He doesn't respond, just moves to take his pinkie ring off his finger before slipping it onto one of yours. You at it for as moment, confused, before he finally speaks up.

"you can keep my ring while i'm gone so that you know i'm with you and when i get back you can give it back to me... or keep it, i really don't mind," he says bashfully, his cheeks turning a light shade of pink.

Your heart melts a little at that when you have an idea yourself. You reach behind your neck to take off the simple necklace you wear every day before leaning forward to secure it around his neck.

"And you can keep my necklace while your gone. You know.. for the same thing," you say smiling gently.

He looks down at the necklace contentedly before leaning forward press a slow, lingering kiss to your lips.

"you know babe," he starts, pulling back slightly so only your foreheads touch, "we are so cute."

"the cutest honestly," you say giggling before he pulls you back down on the bed.

"i have to get up to get ready soon," he says into hair.

"can we just lay down and cuddle a little bit longer," you ask quietly, mumbling into his neck.

"of course angel. whatever you want," he says sincerely before kissing the top of your head.

And even though it makes him slightly late and he almost misses his flight, that is exactly what you do. (and you best believe when he comes back you keep his ring and he keeps your necklace)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not proof read I apologise for any mistakes

credits: @theloraxxxxx on tumbler

Pinky winky

🤍