~parents for a day~

for the purpose of this story were gonna pretend jordan and maddy have a baby names Laila kapeash?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alright." Jordan set Laila down on her feet from his hip and crouched down in front of her. "You three have fun, okay?" He spoke gently, brushing a strand of her already untamed hair from her face. The two adults stood in front of them nervously, particularly Y/n. "Are you guys sure you can handle this?" Jordan asked again, furrowing his eyebrows teasingly.

"Yeah!" Vinnie replied confidently,

"Nope." Y/n murmured beside him. Vinnie glared at Y/n out the corner of his eyes. He watched her tug the sleeves of his hoodies further up her palms in nervousness and shuffle her feet haphazardly.

"Don't listen to Y/n." He assured, pulling a tight smile at Jordan.

"Okay." He replied hesitantly, pressing a feather-light kiss to Laila's forehead. "Be good." He stuck his forefinger out solemnly. Laila only giggled in front of him, spreading a cheeky grin on her father's face too. "Promise" He held out his pinkie and Laila interlocked her finger with his.

Vinnie crouched down beside her too. "we're gonna have so much fun, aren't we?" Vinnie cooed, tugging down the brim of her purple, crooked bucket at sweetly. Laila nodded cheekily, unknowing of the peculiar events to come.

"K, well i gotta go." Jordan stood up and grabbed his backpack from the sofa beside him. Vinnie sauntered behind him, guiding him towards the door. Meanwhile, Y/n walked precariously behind the two boys, foolishly dodging the toddler who was plodding behind her.

"See ya, dude." Vinnie  said. They shared their usual handshake. Vinnie assured Jordan profusely that if anything happened, he would call him as soon as possible. Daniel turned back to Y/n and Laila after he shut the front door and waved goodbye. "Okay, what should we do first?" He clapped his hands together.

Y/n walked up reluctantly and pulled Vinnie to the side, away from Laila enough so she couldn't hear. "Why did you have to agree to this?" She whispered sharply.

Vinnie knew babysitting wasn't Y/n's cup of tea, but he assured her gently with "Y/n, he's busy and no one else could do it...it'll be fine." He chuckled, resting his forearms on her shoulders. Y/n merely dropped her graze to the floor. "i mean look at her, she's so cute." He shuffled behind her so she had a good glance at Laila. She was playing quietly next to Vinnie's messy pile of clothes next to his desk. Y/m huffed and closed her eyes for a moment in thought. "Fine. But i need starbucks first." She said seriously. Vinnie's subtle frown broke into a grin, and he chuckled gently, placing a comforting kiss to Y/n's lips.

...

The group of three had finally made it to the starbucks around the corner.  After nearly an hour of trying to get the booster seat perfectly set in Vinnie's car, they finally worked it out - thanks to Jordan guiding them through the phone - and were travelling smoothly through the drive thru.

"Okay, iced coffee for me, iced coffee with extra caramel for you.." Vinnie spoke like a true gentlemen, holding out the plastic cup of coffee with an extra toothy smile just to ease her anxious thoughts.

"Finally!" Y/n leaned forward in her seat and pushed her seat belt away, nearly snatching the coffee from Vinnie in a fit of excitement. She rolled her head back as she sipped her drink and closed her eyes in pure delight.

"And a chocolate milkshake for Laila!" Vinnie cooed, leaning over the side of his car seat to faze at Laila lovingly. She giggled sweetly from her spot in the middle back seat and took the cold drink from Vinnie with a "thanks", nearly spilling it right then and there if it wasn't for his quick reflexes. He turned back to the front. "I swear if she spills it all over my precious car.." He tisked lightly. grazing the surface of his leather seat fondly.