~task date~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

your pov:

Whenever someone asked you about your career, you were never a hundred percent sure what to say. "i stand in front of a camera and make shitty jokes for a living." Just didn't have a nice ring to it.

You often found yourself settling on the term influencer, but it was hard to see yourself as someone who influenced people.

Sure, you'd talk about things you enjoy doing and maybe sprinkle some opinions or two, but the idea of having the power to form someone's day or perspective on life was draining. You never saw your content as a job, yet it was the only income of money in your life.

The bottom line was, you were grateful for living such a rare and unique lifestyle.

Your boyfriend was too.

You weren't close with a lot of content creators, but you did end up forming a bond with dixie d'amelio and her sister charli.

The three of you got along really well and would film tiktoks whenever you were together. While you already had a following, your view count skyrocketed after being featured on the sisters tiktoks. It was overwhelming, but they helped you through it.

Dixie was always there for you whenever you needed a break and someone to life your spirits,while charli was always there for you when you needed to rant or a shoulder to cry on. The two girls knew you better than most, and when they invited you to join them in a james charles video, you were extremely nervous. Even more nervous when they told you that james insisted to have join.

You wanted to say no, but after them promising you that it would be fun, you decided against it. You had never met james, despite being close with the sisters, and you were really excited to finally meet him and whoever else would be there.

You were in a groupchat with dixie and charli, the three of you discussing the event. Everyone was bringing dates, expect james, meaning that there would be eleven people in total if y/n went.

Dixie was bringing noah, her boyfriend who you had only talked to through facetime when he called her while you were with her. He seemed nice on the phone and you were sure you'd get along since you were close with dixie. charli told you she was bringing larray, someone you have never met in real life either. You knew james would be there, obviously, but that was it.

You decided to reach out to james and let him know that you were nervous , but excited to meet him. The two of you chatted through dms and he informed you on who was scheduled to be there. He wanted you to bring a date too. Anyone, as long as they were an influencer of some kind, and you immediately thought of your boyfriend. So you texted vinnie, who was down with the idea.

The only people you knew there were dixie, charli, and vinnie. You weren't good with first impressions and vin knew that.

"i will be there with you the whole time! and it's gonna be really fun, i know it." he kisses your temple and rubbed your shoulders. He always had a way with reassuring you.

When you arrived, you were met with a grinning james. He gave you and vinnie hugs before opening the door and letting you in. He wanted the reveal to be a surprise so head the two of you to a guest room with suits and accessories laid out on a bed. James was already in gear, a white space suit on his body.

You and vinnie were the last ones to arrive, leaving three colours left to choose from. The rest of the crew mates were waiting in a living room.

"okay, so these are the options left, and we have little accessory thingys to choose from, so i will leave you guys here and you can pick between these and when you are done just meet me at the bottom of the stairs and i'll introduce you to everyone. okay?" james rambled as you and vinnie looked over at the items left.