~newborn~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

*your pov*

Nothing could prepare you for how beautiful the sight of seeing your husband with your first child would be. Vinnie was always a sweetheart with you, but him with your own baby was a whole new scenario.

You were rightfully exhausted after the birth and with the promises from your lover that he'd watch over your son while you slept, you could sleep peacefully for a while. Finally getting some rest.

You didn't know how long you were out, but it must've been a while considering how refreshed you felt when you woke again. Your eyes fluttered open to the sound of quiet mumbling - almost like singing coming from somewhere in the hospital room. You shuffled in the bed, head turning towards the noise where you found your husband.

He was cradling your newborn ever so carefully, like he was a piece of glass that would break at the slightest wrong move. Before you'd fallen asleep you alerted Vinnie numerous that that wasn't that case, but clearly he didn't listen.

You didn't want to alert him just yet that you were awake, you just wanted to take in the moment a little bit longer. So you quietly watched, a smile on your face at how precious the interaction was. Your bub hadn't even been in the world a day but you were already a witness to an exchange so beautiful that you couldn't wait to see how great of a father your husband would be every day after this.

You could hear only a few things he was saying to the sleepy baby, such as declaring his love for him. telling him his mommy and daddy were so happy to have him here.

It didn't take long for him to notice you. As soon as he turned around properly his eyes were on yours, a silly grin growing on his face.

"Hey, baby." His voice was a whisper, not wanting to wake the tiny angel in his arms. He made his way over to the hospital bed, carefully taking a seat beside you so you could also look at your baby in awe; like he's been doing for hours on end.

He wrapped his free arm around you, pressing a kiss to your temple sweetly. "How you feeling?"

You hummed. "M good. How's he?" You were ever so gentle when bringing your thumb to the tiny baby's cheek, stroking over the skin with slight disbelief in your heart. The two of you made him, it was so surreal. Vinnie didn't answer you right away, he was too focused on admiring the way you were so soft with the little boy in his arms. It made his heart swell.

"He's perfect. Been sleeping, talking with his daddy. Cried a couple times, but he's fine now."

You were happy to hear it. You must've really been out if you didn't hear him cry at any point, but you were glad your lover had it handled. Your attention strayed away from the newborn for a few moments to your husband, meeting eyes with those honey orbs that you loved so much. "Our perfect little family."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not proof read I apologise for any mistakes

credits: @farfromharry on tumblrrr

Guess who has two thumbs and just failed both maths and science.

The stupid mf writing this .

🤍