~shorty drowned~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

your pov:

The heat of Los Angeles was a bit much today. Despite it no longer being summer, the effects of the season were definitely felt. So, what better way to cool down than to spend an afternoon at the beach. You, Vinnie, and a couple of your friends has squished into his car and drove down to Malibu. The ride was long and having Vinnie, Jett, Jack, and Eamon shout the lyrics to Kesha's "Your Love Is My Drug" was gruelling. Fortunately, you had Liza there to endure the pain with.

After a few Katy Perry songs and Jack's rendition of "Jolene", you all finally made it to the beach. Getting out of Vinnie's car, the boys ran straight for the water, leaving you and Liza to your own devices. "Boys." she scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"Tell me about it."

Despite the blazing heat from the sun, there was a slight breeze. The smell of the salty ocean, while intoxicating, was quite nauseating. The beach wasn't as crowded as you'd think, especially for Malibu. There were a few couples. some families, but nothing major.

You Liza stripped from your cover ups, put on some shades, and spent some quality time laying down in the sand. The two of you chatted about your relationships and gossiped about the people you didn't like. It was nice... at least until a particular boy came running up to you.

"Y/n, Y/n! You gotta come in the water!" Vinnie exclaimed, hoping up and down like a child hyped up on too many pixie. "It's so nice!"

You smiled at the boy. "Not right now, babe."

"Puh-lease?" He begged, getting down on his knees. "For me?"

"Vinnie." You sighed. You watched as he gave you his puppy dog eyes, his bottom lip poking out and quivering as his eyebrows shot upwards. The more you looked at him, the more it proved impossible to say no.

"Fine." You sighed, getting up off the sand. You turned to Liza who was still basking peacefully in the sun. "You coming?"

She shook her head. "Nah, i'm just gonna chill here and lay down for a bit. You can go though. I'll be alright."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, yeah. Go ahead."

You and Vinnie headed towards the water and joined the others who were currently playing Marco Polo. As you got into the ocean, you stopped for a minute. Vinnie, who was ahead of you, noticed you weren't beside him anymore. "What's up?" He asked, turning to face you.

"We're not going far are we?"

He laughed, "Not too far... at least i don't think so."

"Vinnie, I don't know. I think i'm gonna head back and chill with Liza." You replied, feeling the waves of the water clash against your stomach. It wasn't that you were afraid of the water or anything; you weren't hydrophobic. Okay, maybe you were a little bit, but that's far from the point. The fact of the matter is; you're short. Unlike the boys- and even Liza- the probability of drowning for you was high. You were being cautious, y'know?

"What's the matter, baby? Don't tell me you're scared."

"No, i'm not scared." You answered. "It's just.. i'm short."

He paused for a moment, thinking over what you just said. Then, he burst out laughing, earning a glare from you. "That's why you won't come? You're scared you'll drown... because you're short?"

You sighed, "i'm just playing it safe, Vin."

"I'm literally going to be out there with you." He said, moving in front of you. He takes a hold of your hands and smiles down at you. "I'm not going to let anything happen to you, alright?"

Looking into his comforting eyes, you couldn't help but grin. "Promise?"

"I promise." He said. "Now, c'mon shorty."

You scoffed as he pulled you further into the Pacific. As you went further, the water got higher up your body, eventually stopping at your shoulders... as you were standing. For Vinnie and the others, the ocean resting in the middle of their torsos.

"You see, everything's alright." Vinnie comforted, swimming beside you. You chuckled nevously, "Y-yeah, nothing to worry about."

At the time, there was indeed nothing to worry about. The water was warm, you were sitting comfortably, and the waves weren't as powerful. You joined the boys in Marco Polo, swimming around Jack who was shouting "Marco" and covering his eyes. While in the game, you made the worst decision of your life. You glanced over to the side and coming right towards you was the biggest wave imaginable.

"Fuck!" You shrieked as you braced for impact. The wave came right up to you and nearly knocked you over, sending you underwater. You screamed and in a matter of seconds, Vinnie was right beside you. He picked you up, making sure that you wouldn't be attacked by any more vicious tides.

"Y/n, are you okay?" He asked, watching in distress as you began to sob. Though as seconds passed, he realised that those sobs weren't actual sobs. They were giggles. "W-what?" He said, "What's so funny?"

You wheezed, wiping the water out of your face. "Did you see that shit? I nearly got fucking scalped!" You snorted, clutching onto your pained stomach. Never before had Vinnie seen you laugh so hard before. Hell, you could barely breathe.

"Y/n, I-.. are you okay?"

"Super-duper, Vinnie!" You cheered, returning back to the game. Vinnie just stared at you in amusement. You were truly a fascinating- and some what weird- specimen. But he was damn sure lucky to call you his girlfriend.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not proof read I apologise for any mistakes

credits: @skinnyducky on tumblr

Thank u all sm for 18k reads 🥳🥰

🤍