~4am~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After tossing and turning for a solid thirty minutes, Y/n finally sat u in the bed she shared with Vinnie. If it weren't for his overbearing snoring, she would've forgotten that she had even travelled the day before to visit him in Seattle.

She was exhausted from the 16-hour flight and unexpected layover that kept her awake much longer than she intended. She ended up arriving in the morning and was welcomed with open arms. The only downside to visiting Vinnie was that he always wanted to make the most of her stay, which included various activities with his friends and family. Y/n loved spending time with the love of her life and she understood that he just wanted to make as many memories as possible with the time period they were given, considering that she was scheduled to leave only two days later. However, once the sun started to set, she felt her body begin to shut down for good and was overwhelmed with a feeling of lethargy. Vinnie understood her body language right away and they called an early night ending with her falling asleep on his chest 15 minutes into the first episode of Rick and Morty.

He didn't mind, though. Vinnie could tell Y/n was tired from their shopping trip and visit to his old high school to watch him play a few scrimmages with friends. As much as he loved having his girlfriend around his family in the place he grew up and held so dearly, he didn't want to burn her out. Besides, watching Rick and Morty with a sleeping y/n was much better in person than over facetime like usual. So he let her rest and followed suit about an hour later. They laid there in a warm embrace on his bed with his arms wrapped tightly around her shoulders and her dainty hand pressed against his chest.

Too warm, actually. Because there she was, drenched in sweat, wide awake and still stuck in Vinnie's arms. He looked so sweet and comfortable. She didn't want to disturb him. However, the warmth was getting unbearable. Y/n managed to turn her head and read Vinnie's digital clock which read the time as 4:15. She sighed in frustration after deciding that she needed to get out of his grip before she had a heat stroke. Vinnie was a deep sleeper so he barely reacted to his arm being moved and shifted into a position of hugging himself. She smiled at his softness before turning so their backs were facing each other. The last thing she wanted to do was wake him up because Vinnie had tendencies to be extra clingy when he first woke up and she was already hot enough without his added body heat.

She started to slowly shed her body of her shirt and pants to try and minimize her discomfort without making too much noise. Naturally, she grabbed her phone off of his nightstand and opened twitter to keep herself entertained while she cooled down.

That didn't last long, however. Vinnie was moving entirely too much in his sleep. She wasn't sure if it wad because of her absence or if there was something else bothering him. Regardless, y/n put her phone back down and turned to wrap her arm around his muscular figure. Burying her face into his back, she embraced the comfort she felt from this one man who changed her life in so many positive ways over the past year. She loved being the big spoon even though it wasn't something she got to do very often. She knew he secretly loved it although he always insisted on being the big spoon. It wasn't long before she felt hot again and reached for her phone once more to play Mario Kart, still facing Vinnie.

She wasn't for into her first race before she felt Vinnie shuffling once again. She didn't hear when his snoring stopped, but in a matter of seconds he was facing her with squinting eyes.

He still seemed disoriented and it was clear he was trying to figure out why y/n was wide awake. She tried to ignore him and finish her race that she was a little focused on.

"Hmmm what are you doing?" Vinnie hummed. The deepness of his voice was stirring a feeling deep inside of her that was all too familiar. Nevertheless, she ignored it and tried to complete her race.

Vinnie huffed at the lack of attention he was receiving and pushed her phone down. Although he was sleepy, he moved her phone with enough force to block her from grabbing it back quickly.

"What the fuck? I was winning," she hissed before being interrupted by Vinnie's lips smashing into hers. She kissed him back with hesitance because she was still annoyed that he ruined her game but she missed him. Vinnie wrapped one of his arms around her neck, pulled her closer, and began to shower her with multiple sloppy kisses. It was kinda hot, but not as hot as the temperature in the room at the moment.

Y/n tried to halt the little makeout session to get some distance from him.

"Stop, your breath stinks," she said in an attempt to repel from him.

"Hm, so does yours," he retorted quickly in a chuckle.

She responded by covering her face with her hands in a shy manner which he removed quickly to kiss her again. She only fought back a little, but not enough to actually get away from him.

"Why your lips so soft, huh" he asked with a love sick look on his face. She loved when he got like this. Y/n loved the way Vinnie would treat her first thing in the morning or after he woke up from a nap. He always seemed so happy to turn around and see her right there and have her all to himself. The way he behaved in a cheerful yet sloppy manner after just waking up almost made it seem like he was drunk off of her.

She laughed back at his actions and went to grab her phone but was met bu Vinnie's hands grabbing hers.

"No," he said. He wrapped his arms around her tightly and she pushed her way out against his chest almost immediately. He looked equally hurt and confused. A fully conscious Vinnie would've picked up on the fact that she uncomfortable, but the half-asleep Vinnie that she was dealing with had no idea why his girl wanted nothing to do with him.

"Ugh, it's just too hot, baby. I'm too hot right now. Look, i'm sweating."

Almost immediately, Vinnie ripped the duvet blanket from them both and onto the floor, exposing their half naked bodies.

"Ahh what the fuck-now it's gonna be too cold Vinnie."

His voice murmured in response. "Yeah, you're welcome."

He pulled her in once more against his chest and this time she doesn't fight back at all. As frustrating as it was, she couldn't help but give that man what he wanted. So they laid there, both of them half naked, half asleep, in the dark resting in each other's silence. She soon found comfort in Vinnie's embrace and fell back asleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not proof read I apologise for any mistakes

credits:@angelruel on tumblr

Storm eunice -or however u spell it- needs to calm her big self

🤍