~buy you the world~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having gone out to brunch today with your friends, you lay exhausted on the soft sofa in Vinnie's apartment waiting for him to get back from his long day of meetings and podcast interviews.

One of your friends bought her very young sibling with her and accompanying the, lots of toys.

One that peaked your interest was a small, soft, light green crochet whale, and to make it better, it was lavender scented.

Supposedly, it was meant to calm the young child down and provide emotional support, some of which you felt you needed, deserved.

Being in a relationships with an incredibly handsome and popular man meant attention from the public, and attention meant hate.

You were used to it by now, your relationship never actually confirmed publicly but you had been spotted out and the both of you had been seen sharing small touches and kisses in public.

Yourself and Vinnie decided that it wasn't anyone else's business and that you would take a more permanent soft launch approach, private but not a secret.

You felt that it was fully justified if you bought yourself a little emotional support whale to clam your anxiety regarding the hate you did receive on social media, or so you told yourself.

Maybe you just wanted a little stuffed teddy bear, it was really cute after all.

So there you lay, sprawled out on the sofa with the open fire on in Vinnie's lounge, a blanket on top of you and some cookies in the oven for Vinnie when he gets back.

Your laptop, the slightly warm from being in use, perched on your stomach as you browse through the endless pages on Etsy, the search bar claiming 'Small Crochet Whale'.

The expanse of choice would have stumped you, had you not been a student and therefore on a tight budget.

Vinnie, being the gentleman he is, always tried to treat you. Shower you with gifts and try giving you money whenever you'd go out with your friends, making it 'his treat'.

The last thing you wanted to do, however, was make him think for a second that that's what you were with him for, so of course you always declined.

Seeing the cheapest option, you clicked on the little light yellow whale, deciding it was fate in the sense that was Vinnie's favourite colour.

You sign in to Etsy using email before entering you PIN number from your card.

A large smile pulls across your face as you look at the large words written across your screen.

'Order confirmed, check email for further information'

You closed your laptop just as you hear the keys jingling in the door.

"Love? I'm home!" You hear Vinnie's deep voice shout tiredness makes itself apparent.

"I'm here!" You call back to him, hearing his footsteps before seeing his face in front of you, leaning over the sofa.

He leans down towards you before pressing a kiss to your lips in some sort of spider-man style given the position you two are in.

"How was your day?" You ask your boyfriend sweetly, pulling him round to sit on the now empty space on the sofa, after moving your legs into a crossed position and sitting up.

"It was okay, I'm just so tired" he says as he cups your face with his hand, the expanse of your cheek becoming slightly cold as his thumb brushed delicately over your cheek.