~big man, lil bed~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

your pov:

"Vinnie?" I call out, sitting up. There's no response, no sound, complete silence.

I get off the bed, calling his name once again as i go to our bathroom. The door is closed, i knock, noticing that the light isn't shining beneath the crack of the door. I open the door and turn the light on, he's not in here either.

The house is quiet, like it should be as 2:00 A.M. But my husband isn't in bed with me, like he should be. I step out into the dark hallway, almost bumping into the door frame.

I look down the hall and see pink light shining out from underneath the crack of the closed door. I make my way over there, turning the knob slowly and opening the door quietly.

The sight makes my heart melt. I walk over to the bed, crouching down on my knees. I put my hands on Vinnie's arm rubbing it up and down.

"Baby," I whisper "Wake up."

He groans loudly, shifting around a bit. "Hmm.." he mumbles, barely opening up his eyes "wha-what's wrong?"

I shake my head. "Nothing's wrong," I look at our sleeping daughter, wrapped in his arms, "what are you doing in here?"

"Y/d/n came to our room and woke me up," he struggles to keep his eyes open "she had a nightmare."

"So you came in here to sleep with he?"

He nods, yawing. "Want to join us?" his free hand taps the disney princess sheet covered mattress.

I chuckle. "No," i say "you both barely fit in this bed, there's no room for me." His legs are curled up close to his chest and his torso is twisted in some way that he'll definitely feel the repercussions of in the morning. He's a grown man in a tiny bed.

"Can i stay?" he asks, finally closing his eyes.

"Of course you can stay." i say. I push strands of our daughter's hair away and look at the resemblance between her and Vinnie, she looks just like him.

I get off the floor and grab a folded blanket out of her dresser. What a surprise, it's covered in all of the disney princesses. I go back to the bed and put it over them, they instantly cuddle closer together, if that's even possible.

I lean down, pressing kisses to each of their cheeks. "Goodnight my loved." I whisper and stand up, turning off the flower shaped lamp that sits on the table beside the bed and go back to our bedroom to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not proof read I apologise for any mistakes

credits: ?????

baby fever is hitting hard rn.

🤍