~long distance~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*your pov*

"How are things going in Seattle?" you asked as you stared down towards the screen of your phone. Vinnie's face filled the screen as he sat lounging in his bed, mimicking you as you did the same.

The two of you sat in your own rooms hundreds and thousands of miles apart from one another. It was something that the two of you were used to even though he'd moved from LA back to his hometown in Seattle.

The two of met through friends. You'd come to LA to visit with a few of your girlfriends. One night all of you had gone out and over the hype house for a get-together. The moment you saw him it was like everyone else didn't matter. The two of you clicked almost immediately and hadn't left the other side the entire night. It was almost scary how much you trusted him and fell for him. It hurt when after a few weeks in the sunny state you had to go back home.

You remembered the tightening in your chest as you walked away from him in LAX airport. But that didn't stop the two of you from being committed to one another. For nearly two years the two of you have dated from long distances. Even though it was hard at times when you missed him so deeply - it didn't change your mind about how you felt about him.  Vinnie Hacker was your everything, no matter where the two of you were in the world.

"Good, amazing. Feels so much better to be home." Vinnie sighed softly, moving his hand up to run through his long hair. You noticed how it seemed to be a little curlier than usual. "Everything is falling into place with the new house."

"Where's Reggie?" you aksed, noticing the silence. Usually, when the two of you were on the phone together Reggie popped in a few times. Reggie had became like a brother to you, so it didn't bother you when his face would pop on screen.

"He went to go see his girlfriend," Vinnie answered and sighed heavily, "speaking of seeing one... when are you coming out?"

You couldn't stop the wide smile that came over your face as you looked at him. This was the whole point of you calling him sort of late, but naturally, the two of you got distracted with catching up.

It has been nearly seven months since you'd last seen him. Touched him. Kissed him.

"Well, i got some good news today," you pauses "I got approval from work for my vacation time..meaning i have four weeks off coming up."

Vinnie's eyes widened as he looked at you, "don't fuck with me.."

"I'm not. I have all of December off, the office is going to be slowing around then so my boss told me to enjoy the holidays a little early. I don't have to be back till after the New Year."

"I get Christmas with you!" Vinnie's voice boomed through the speaker of your phone. You nodded your head as a soft giggle passes through your lips. "Four weeks with my baby?"

"Four weeks and a few more days, yeah."

Vinnie let out a big scream of happiness as he nearly jumped off the bed. Soon his face was gone and you were watching him jump around, the happiness and excitement of seeing you coming over him. He couldn't contain it.

"My baby is coming to see me!" Holy fuck!" He screamed.

Soon the sound of a door opening was heard, and soon Maria's  soft voice could me heard. You couldn't hear exactly what she was saying, but you knew it was her.

"Sorry, mom," Vinnie spoke the wide smile still on his face. "Y/N is coming to see me. Four weeks."

"I'm happy to hear it, can't wait to have her. But just keep your voice down.

Vinnie moved back to the phone and grabbed it, his face filling the screen once more. "I can't  wait to see you. I hope you're ready to me never leaving your side."

"i don't want you to. I'm gonna stick to you like a koala bear."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not proof read I apologise for any mistakes

credits: @ohdolans on tumblrrr

yes

🤍