~forehead kiss~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wiping your lips with the back of your hand, you offered out the empty plastic bottle to Vinnie. He returned a sad smile before stretching his arm across his half of the bed to place the water bottle on his nightstand.

His hoodie encased your body, and his fresh comforter covered your legs from when he's helped you sit up against the headboard moments before. It was quiet aside from your combined breaths, your being slightly louder from the abrupt jolt of waking up from the nightmare you could hardly remember now.

"Are you feeling a little better?" Vinnie asked, his features drowned in concern. He cuddled gently back into your side and slung his arm over your shoulders, fidgeting with the soft material of his sweater you wore with his fingertips.

"Yeah," you mumbled shyly, focusing on the patterns on his quilt, his fingers drawing your own messy lines over it.

"Are you sure, love?" He wiped a forgotten tear from the tired shadow under your eyes.

"Yep." You mumbled, unconsciously shortening the word. You raised the comforter up and shuffled your head further down your pillow to fall asleep again, feeling Vinnie's arm slide down your back.

When you turned on your side away from him, Vinnie tucked the comforter around your body cosily and pressed a kiss to your temple with a loving him, "have a good sleep, okay?"

You turned to face him properly now, his face within eyeshot, casting shadows across your own from his beside lamp's light. He broke the gap between you for one last kiss to your forehead, his plush lips warming your skin.

His thumb rubbed side to side on your cheek as he spoke, "goodnight."

The click of the lamp switch sent the bedroom into darkness. Vinnie circled his arms around you under the comforter from behind, his unruly hair resting upon your shoulder.

"Goodnight." Your hushed voice got lost in the air again as he searched for a hand to hold under the covers, eyes shutting sleepily.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not proof read I apologise for any mistakes

Credits: 21burritoseavy on tumblr <3

Thank you sm for 141k reads oh em gee 🫶🏻🫶🏻

🤍