Chapter 7

'Anyway, is it really that?'

A member of the Dark Streets .

Could I be right?

It was kind of interesting to think that something I had only briefly read about was such a crucial communication tool .

But on that same train of thought I felt my insides go cold .

This was actually the reason I couldn't just try to run away at any random time .

It was rumored that there wasn't a single place in the Empire that the Dark Streets weren't in .

It would be easy to get caught as soon as I set out if I didn't have a good plan .

It would also be easy for them to kill me as soon as I was caught .

'I definitely need Ji-eun . '

I was realizing yet again, that she was necessary to me .

I listened as Jungkook made additional commands to the person on the other side of the communication tool .

He told them to find someone who succeeded in stealing a wallet from a noble lady with red hair and a green dress .

Huh, can you find anyone with just those words?

Jungkook turned around and looked at me after turning the communication device off .

"Sister . "

"Huh, yeah?"

"Let's go . "

"Where?"

"The clock tower . We came to see that . We'll be able to find the thief soon, so don't worry about it . "

Jungkook told me to forget about it and focus on our outing .

Uh .

Yeah .

I nodded without realizing but my thoughts were quite the opposite .

I was actually concerned about something other than the thief .

'Are they actually a member of the Dark Streets?'

Are they really the people who can turn this entire area into ruins in a day if they wanted?

Compared to that, thievery was absolutely nothing .

As well as my stolen wallet .

'What kind of situation is this anyway?'

I suddenly felt very tired .

It may have been because I spent all my energy thinking about the Dark Streets but I wanted to quickly return home after seeing the clock tower .

I needed to run away tonight, and I wouldn't be able to do it if my body and mind were tired .

Let's return quickly and save up some energy .

We quickly came to the square because of the sudden sense of urgency that overcame me .

As soon as I stepped into the open area, I realized something .

'Right, gotta be careful of direction . '

We may come face to face with Ji-eun if just go through the square blindly .

As I was pivoting my shoe to o change direction, I heard the communication device respond .

[Master .]

My gaze darted to Jungkook's pockets .

The voice felt so familiar to me despite having heard it only once .