Chapter 48

Since then, there has been no such thing as chaos.

The chef dropped the dish that he was holding, and Lucas, who immediately rose from his seat, overpowered his opponent and threatened him.

'You son of a bitch! Can't you straighten it out right now? Whose orders did you take to do this? The Marquis? or The Count?'

However, neither the purpose of the chef nor the background has been revealed.

Before that, he bit the poison he had hidden in his mouth and killed himself.

Of course, the atmosphere subsided in an instant.

"I'm so sorry. I don't think the chef....... I don't have a word to say."

Where we dug up dinner and moved, Lucas couldn't keep his head up.

My condition at this time was a little dazed and blank.

'What day is it today?'

I thought about it by itself.

In retrospect, the whole day was not smooth.

When I woke up from a nightmare, I went out to the garden to meet a snake, and when you went out, I got chased by a strange group.

Even all of that was not enough, and now what happened in the dining room was.......

'What day is it today?'

Is it Friday the 13th?

"I'm going to interrogate all the employees of the mansion right now and find out more in case."

"........"

"And for safety tonight, I would like to ask you for your understanding, as we would like to place a guard for Your Excellency and the Princess."

My heartbeat was faster than usual.

Maybe it's because I saw a person suddenly die.

In the midst of Irene's death and saving her, I thought I had become quite insensitive to seeing other people's deaths, but I guess that wasn't necessarily the case either.

"There was a bad thing that happened. You'll have a hard time falling asleep, my lady."

Even when it was time to go to bed, the heartbeat did not become completely calm.

Knowing my condition, the maid brought me a cup of tea before I could ask.

"It's an effective way to sleep. It's not hot, so drink lightly and sleep tight."

I thanked her and received a cup of tea.

The maid watched me take the glass to my mouth for a while, soon left the room.

It's been a hectic, gruesome day.

I closed my eyes.

Then came the deep night.

* * *

The woman checked the time.

'It's Dawn.'

The mansion was desolate.

The corridor, enveloped in pitch-dark darkness, did not shed a shadow of a rat, let alone a man.

The woman stood still for a moment in the quiet hallway.

Even a trained woman needed some time to fully adjust her eyes to the darkness.

After a while, the woman moved.

It was a very cautious step.

Her footsteps could not be heard even in a quiet town where no other noise existed.