Chapter 51

I wondered what I would do with it, and I couldn’t remember it and engrave it on the tombstone later on.

Because it was the current national law that a traitor could not make a grave.

‘Oh, and…..’

Apart from him, there were a few things that I didn’t know.

‘Viscount Biffren has been suspicious for quite some time.’

‘How come?’

‘Cause the documents were so clean.’

‘If it’s a document……’

‘You know permanent financial documents. There wasn’t a single leak.’

‘Isn’t that good thing?’

‘It was a problem because it didn’t look like that.’

‘…….’

‘Well, I said it was made, but in more detail, I would say it is contemplative.

Anyway, I thought he was a guy who wouldn’t want money, but I thought it was weird because there was no sign of touching money at all.

Of course, His Excellency also thought the same.’

‘……’

‘So while I was on the territory the other day, I was out on a separate mission. If the Viscount didn’t touch the budget, I’m sure he’s filling his own pockets with other routes, so I went to check it out.’

Then he said he was able to get the big picture.

The fact that the Viscount is selling something through illegal routes, and that a certain amount of the money he earned is flowing somewhere.

‘It was just a guess at the time that he was helping a rebel group, but today we confirmed it with a raid.”

‘……’

‘And, thanks to the snake, I was convinced that what he was selling was a hallucinogen.’

‘Snakes?’

‘The snake you saw in the garden. I found out in the morning that the snake was completely ingrained by hallucinogenic ingredients.’

At first, he said he didn’t know that the snake was in that condition.

But one of the servants of the mansion was caught trying to steal the snake’s body away from the other eyes, and that made him suspicious.

‘Maybe it was to protect the hallucinogen-making field from animals.’

The trivial question of the snake, who had been in the garden, was solved like this.

‘It was half-anticipated that there will be a heavy penalty since the Viscount exposed it ’

‘……I see.’

The Imperial Court decided to mobilize people to find fields on the site of the mansion and discard them at dawn.

In the nearby area where the hallucinogens were distributed, the existence and symptoms of the hallucinogens and how to decipher them were thoroughly informed in letters.

One thing to point out here is the fact that Lucas sold hallucinogens only to the surrounding area except for the territory here.

Is it because he thinks he is a permanent resident or because he believes that the risk of being caught will increase if he releases it within the territory?

There was no way to know.

For a while, anyway, these local doctors were going to be busy.

“…….”