Chapter 74

“What’s going on?”

A man kneeling in front of her sent a letter politely.

“It’s a very important matter for you to check right away.”

The woman opened up the letter.

After a while, there was a crumpled sound of paper in her hand.

“This is what the baron in the Empire witnessed and hurriedly reported. The possibility is really high.”

“…what if it’s just a look-alike?”

“The age, as well as the appearance, is exactly the same.”

There was no word from the woman.

The man waited silently and asked carefully first.

“Shall we a spy? If you’re going to plant a man in a dukedom and find out….”

“No”

The woman who cut the man’s words spread her hand.

The badly crumpled letter fell down.

“Somehow, I was suspicious. Yes, that’s the reason. It was all because of this that this country suddenly ruined.”

“……”

“The one who should be dead was actually living well, so of course the country has to lean toward a curse.”

The woman pulled up the corners of her mouth.

Despite her expressionless face with a smile, her cold impression remained the same.

“The maid of honour, she deceived me, this is why she left the palace as she ran away.”

“…..”

“Is that woman alive?”

“At the moment, her whereabouts are not fully verified, but she’s probably dead.”

“That’s funny. She saved what she had to kill, and now she’s dead. What a stupid thing to do.”

The woman who ridiculed the dead and laughed at them ordered.

“There’s no waste of time. Kill her right now with every possible move. So this time, bring her ‘real’ head to me.”

“Okay.”

“Mother!”

At that time, the door inside the corridor opened and a young woman, dressed in a bright yellow dress, jumped in.

The woman, who looked close to her early twenties, came up with a freewheeling gait and gave her a hug.

“Are you that excited to see the painting? The tea is getting cold.”

“Oh, my God, have you been waiting? I’m sorry.”

The woman’s face, which was like a piece of ice, melted softly for the first time.

The young woman, who looked just like the older woman, soon found a man, complaining.

“Oh, you were here too, old man.”

“You should call him a ball, not an old man.”

The woman spoke reproachfully, but her voice was ever so soft.

A young woman with a drooping red hair inherited from the older woman smiled brightly.

“I’ll be careful in the future. I’m sorry, ball.”

“No, I’m fine. Please don’t mind me and call me at your convenience, princess.”

“Well, you’re like this marquis, that’s why she’s getting spoiled like this.”