Chapter 46

Well, since the pickpocket was a child, I might just think that he acted like that because he knew I couldn't chase him because of our age difference.

And when I look at it again, the child's skill at stealing money purse was real.

No matter how young he is, I could guess that he was a child who would have had such a thick head in that kind of industry and would have known that such a clumsy touch would not help him live.

'In the end, it was concluded that he was a suspicious pickpocket.'

And since then my alertness has naturally been amplified.

I went through something so blatantly suspicious as soon as I went out, anyone must be suspicious.

So I raise my alertness.

Then, from then on, the things I could see wherever I went were spectacles.

I passed the shouting and fighting in the dark alley without thinking about it a bit.

'A sudden arm-wrestling competition in this kind of place? Even if you look at the reaction of the pedestrians around, it looks like they're in a hurry.

The organizer is unclear, and what is the awkward response between the host and the audience?'

The sword competition is even more suspicious.

'What if you get hurt? You're really using a knife at a street event like this. There's no protection.

What's wrong with the referee? Oh, that contestant's eyes are on me during the competition. Where are you looking?'

So I pretend that I didn't know.

Alas, Sir Davery played word games with them and avoided everything.

"Then you knew all about it....."

"Of course."

I thought Sir Davery would notice that I knew, so I played along with him.

But he wasn't?

"Well, then what if I really didn't know and asked you to participate in that low arm wrestling competition?"

"At that time... I would have suddenly held my right arm and pretended to be sick."

Oops.

"Rather than doing that, isn't it better to be honest and say that they're suspicious?"

"If you do that, my lady will-"

"Scared?"

"......"

"It's okay. Well, if I didn't really know, I might have been surprised to hear it."

But I knew.

There's no way I couldn't know.

As I'm talking, their nonsense and unidentified people had been so clumsy.

Even later, it got worse.

Would the people's faces look just the same?

And now all of them were gone, so it was too obvious.

I ignored both the suspicious arm wrestling and sword competitions.

But there's an attack that came to me secretly, like a chicken skewer attack.

When I remembered it, I was stunned again.

I said, complaining.

"No, not at all. Didn't you think I wouldn't have noticed anything suspicious after the chicken skewer attack?"