Chapter 18

There was a bite in her voice.

I was flustered as I looked at her.

"Why do you think so?"

"After I spoke with sister I gave it a lot of thought."

"....."

"If dying here can make my soul go back to my original world.... Presuming that it's the only choice then... "

"....."

"Then, my soul got transferred here because I was dead in my original world, isn't it the case?"

Ji-eun said it in a lower voice.

When I heard her, I felt like I had been hit at the head.

I never thought it that way.

Silent tears fell from Ji-eun's eyes.

"You know, the stairs, they were high."

"......"

"I didn't want to think about it, but it just came to my mind. The stairs... they were quite high."

"......"

"Sister. Could I be really dead? "

I didn't know how to reply.

The transparent flow of water pouring through Ji-eun's cheeks became clear.

"I am only 17."

"....."

"I haven't taken the college entrance exam yet, I haven't gone to college, and I tried to dye my hair during the winter vacation, but I couldn't either."

"....."

"Sister, I .....I..... "

Her voice, which was mixed with tears, became more and more difficult to understand.

Still, I could easily understand her next words.

".....don't want to die."

"....."

"I don't want to die."

"......"

"I really don't want to die ..."

In the end, Ji-eun began to sob, and suddenly I felt the same feeling overlapping me.

'Neither do I.'

And just like that..

I, too, started to cry..

After reincarnation, I was able to calm myself down by thinking of it as my previous life, but if it were the same situation, I would have acted the same way.

There were so many things I wanted to do.

If I do say so, we're at least at a good age.

If I were to count the things I wanted to do were certainly more than the things that I did.

I had more expectations of how I wanted to live rather than the memories of the days I had spent.

It was such a time of my life.

No, I couldn't help it.

I raised myself, approached sobbing Irene and embraced her in my arms silently.

Irene who buried her face in my arms, soon began to cry.

I kept staying still, holding her.

This time, instead of Ji-eun, I stood for a long time, holding a 17-year-old 'Bae Irene', who was crying that she didn't want to die, in my arms.