Chapter 138

And what was even more ridiculous was himself who could not say a word after hearing such words.

Anyway, he was badly broken by the boy.

'What's your name?'

The boy asked Davery, who was lying down and breathing helplessly.

Davery answered casually.

'......Davery.'

'Davery?'

'............'

'That's a funny name.'

He was upset, but he actually agreed with the boy, so he had nothing to say.

He thought he'd come up with a plausible alias, but he quit.

What good is that?

Anyway, Davery didn't even know his real name when he was born.

His parents died even before he learned how to say a word, and the person who took him and raised him as a baby for five years called him 'child'.

'Well, good, it doesn't matter what your name is.'

'........'

'Davery, don't you want to be a knight? Come with me.'

Davery lay down and looked up at the boy.

From below, the boy was still like an elaborately crafted doll without any mistakes.

'I have a request.'

'You've suddenly become polite. Tell me.'

'About 12 years ago, there was a robber who killed a 60-year-old man named Hanson and burned his house in a town called Willem. I'll go if you can catch him and give him to me a present.'

He thought it would be impossible for a boy to do so, so he said it as the requirement.

It's been 12 years since the accident anyway.

He doesn't know the description of the criminal.

Davery had no intention of belonging somewhere.

He thought that he wasn't fit to anywhere.

So far, there have been many noble people who have coveted him for his skills, but he has repeatedly refused them without looking back.

However, this time, he was shocked by the boy's skill.

There was also a sense of awe.

That's why instead of openly refused, as usual, he changed his words to betting on impossible conditions.

The boy nodded when he heard Davery.

'I'll get you back in a week.'

'........what?'

'Should I bring you his head? Or should I keep him alive?'

'Well, uh, I wish he's alive..'

'Okay, I'll keep him alive. If you're done talking, stand up and follow me.'

What he later learned was that the boy's name was Jeon Jungkook.

Jeon.

One of the three duchesses of the Empire.

And, more than that, the most powerful family among them.

The boy, who was Jeon's little Duke, had picked up the person Davery asked for within a week.

It was exactly on the fifth day after Davery followed the boy into the mansion.

'I've finished interrogating him but you can interrogate him again. Since I brought him alive very well, his vocal cords also are in good condition.'