Book 2: Chapter 6

Okay so here is the last part of The Day of the Doctor, i hope you enjoyed it as next week i will hopefully get to write a bit more because i am going on spring break. If there are any mistakes tell me and I will fix them. Next chapter is a bit more fluff between the Doctor and Harmony and the start of a new epiosde at the end of the next chapter.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

3rd Person

"You wanted a big red button." the Moment says to the Warrior who was standing in front of a red, rose-like button stands on a stalk above the Moment box. "One big bang, no more Time Lords. No more Daleks. Are you sure?"

"I was sure when I came in here. There is no other way." the Warrior responds to her.

"You've seen the men you will become." the Moment says to him her eyes soft and wanting to make sure he was absolutely sure that he wanted this.

"Those men." the Warrior says his eyes going wide then shaking his head. "Extraordinary."

"They were you." the Moment reminds him that they were his future selves.

"No. They are the Doctor." the Warrior says not believing he was the Doctor anymore.

"You're the Doctor, too." the Moment reminds him.

"No. Great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame" he says then sighs, "whatever the cost." he says and his hand hesitates over the button as he recalls the sound of children's laughter.

"You know the sound the Tardis makes? That wheezing, groaning. That sound brings hope wherever it goes." the Moment says before he could push the button and he closes his hand and looks back at the Moment.

"Yes. Yes, I like to think it does." the Warrior says nodding in a agreement not realizing what she meant by it.

"To anyone who hears it, Doctor." the Moment reminds him. "Anyone, however lost." The sound of the time rotor begins to start. "Even you." she says grinning and the Warrior turns around just as two Tardis' appear.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

1st Person

As soon as we had arrived at the barn I quickly made it outside Ten following me and looked over at Clara who was just about to say something as I moved over to her side.

"I told you. He hasn't done it yet." Clara says to the Doctor as I finally reach her side and I reach for her hand.

"Go away now, all of you. This is for me." the Warrior says turning back around to face the button.

"These events should be time-locked. We shouldn't even be here." the 10th Doctor says.

"Shush, don't question it, there is a reason for everything" I say just as the Doctor states his reply as well.

"So something let us through." he concludes.

"You clever boys." I hear the Moment says and glance at her sitting on the boxes off to the side and she grins at me.

"Go back. Go back to your lives. Go and be the Doctor that I could never be. Make it worthwhile." the Warrior says and places his hand on the button and my heart breaks for what he was saying as he still didn't believe himself enough to believe he was the Doctor.

"All those years, burying you in my memory." the 10th Doctor says.

"Pretending you didn't exist. Keeping you a secret, even from myself." the Doctor continues.