Book 1: Chapter 50

Okay last part of Deep Breath, then onto a couple of months in Cardiff with someone important, though you have to read to the end to find out who. Anyway I have this story just about done, I know what is going to happen, and just have to do about 6 more episodes then it will end, then onto the sequel. Enjoy, if there is a certain episode you want, tell me and I will see where I can put it for the next book, because that is where we are getting a lot more, including the Master, but no Master in this book. Also 50th Chapter!

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Once we were inside the restaurant the Doctor made me sit down and was pouring whiskey I think, though only two cups so I guess he wasn't letting me have one but I grabbed one of the glasses before he could take one and took a sip but coughed not liking the taste at all.

"That's gross, how can people drink that?" I question spluttering and coughing.

"What are you doing?" the half-face man asks as he turns around finally noticing us.

"I've got the horrible feeling I'm going to have to kill you. I thought you might appreciate a drink first. I know I would." the Doctor says to the half-face man and I just lean against the table resting my chin on my hands looking at the half-face man with a look of 'don't challenge him' way.

The Half-Face Man turns back to the control panel in the wall and pulls down a small lever. There is a grinding sound.

The Doctor slowly stands up and I just stay at the table twirling the ambler liquid in the glass around though watching him and the half-face man interact. "Fifty first century, right? Time traveling spaceship crashed in the past. You're trying to get home the long way round."

"I go to the promised land." the half-face man responds.

"So you keep saying. Okay, so your restaurant is made out of your old ship." the Doctor says picking up some flowers and gesturing for me to join him and I sigh getting up and walking over to him and he hands me the flowers put picks one off the stem placing it in my hair smiling briefly before going back to his serious look.

"You are wasting your time. It can't ever fly after what it's been through." I point out.

"The escape pod is viable." the half-face man says.

"How? You can't patch up a spaceship with human remains. You know, this really is ringing a bell." the Doctor says still trying to figure it out.

"It's rather simple really…" I start to say but am cut off as the room shakes and I nearly fall over but the Doctor catches me by my waist keeping me up.

"Okay, that's clever. How are you powering it?" the Doctor asks and walks over to the machine.

"Skin." the half-face man responds and I make a disgusted face.

The Doctor removes a fuse from the board and reads the inscription. "SS Marie Antoinette." the Doctor reads.

"That is what I was trying to tell you but I kept getting interrupted earlier, just like…" I complain figuring it out earlier and also having Dylan point it out but am cut off again by the Doctor.

"Out of control repair droids cannibalizing human beings. I know that this is familiar, but I just can't seem to place it." the Doctor says moving his hands around trying to think.

"How would you kill me?" the half-face man asks as he walks closer to us.

"Sister ship of the Madame De Pompadour." he says then sniffs the flower that he had placed in my hair and crinkling his nose taking it out and tossing it aside also taking the bouquet and tossing it aside as well. "No, not getting it."