Book 1: Chapter 37

Okay so here is the final part of The Caretaker, and the next part shall be posted on Friday, which will be Army of Ghosts. Enjoy, if there are any mistakes tell me and I will fix them, also if you want a certan episode tell me in a review and I can see if I can do it.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

"Okay. Now we're in business. Let's see the lie of the land. Time to see what's going on." the Doctor says as he sets his bag down and pulls his sonic out of his pocket going into the Tardis though he left the door open and a green light floods out of it. While he was in there I decided to just lean against the table not really wanting to know what he was doing and Courtney enters the storeroom.

"Hello? Oi. What are you doing? Are you in there?" Courtney asks as she makes her way in the storeroom.

"Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the most dangerous of them all?" I hear the Doctor say and then the green light goes out.

"There's been a spillage in Geography, I need some paper towels." Courtney says rather irritated and the Doctor comes out of the Tardis.

"Can't you read?" the Doctor says rather rudely as he makes his way over to Courtney.

"Course I can read. Read what?" Courtney says sassily back to the Doctor and I look at the Doctor as he points at the door.

"The door. It says, Keep Out." the Doctor says.

"No, it says, Go Away Humans." Courtney says as she turns to look at the sign then back at the Doctor.

"Oh, so it does." the Doctor says looking at the board now and I whack him for being rude and he just give me a 'what did I do now' look. "Never lose your temper in the middle of a door sign." the Doctor says as he turns the sign back around and goes up to Courtney me following behind him.

"What was you doing in there? What's that box?" Courtney asks.

"The caretaker's box. Every caretaker has their own box." the Doctor says as he points to the Tardis with his hand, grabbing some towels then going back over to Courtney.

"It says Police." Courtney states.

"Exactly, there's a policeman in there, in case of emergencies and children. Towels, there, g-g-go." the Doctor says giving her the towels and pointing at the door.

"What was that green glow? There was a green glow coming from in there. What was it?" Courtney says pointing at the Tardis with the towels.

"Of course there was. What's a policeman without a death ray?" the Doctor says as if trying to scare her and the bell rings. "Oh, listen, there's the bell. Off you go. Haven't you got shoplifting to go to?" the Doctor says leading her out.

"I'm going to tell the Headmaster." Courtney says.

"Oh, yes, fine. Well, cut along, you're running out of time." the Doctor tells her.

"For what?" Courtney asks confused.

"Everything. Human beings have incredibly short life spans. Frankly, you should all be in a permanent state of panic. Tick tock, tick tock." the Doctor says.

"You're weird." Courtney says.

"Yes, I am. What about you?" the Doctor says then asks her.

"I'm a disruptive influence." Courtney says and grins.

"Good to meet you." the Doctor says and takes her hand grinning.

"And I am the one who keeps him in line. Mr. Smith…" I trail off and Courtney rolls her eyes at me.