Book 1: Chapter 3

Okay so here is the other half of Shakespeare's Code, I don't know when I can update next, since this whole week I have school and might not have time, it all really depends on how much homework I get, so anyway if there are any mistakes let me know and enjoy.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

" The columns there, right? Fourteen sides. I've always wondered, but I never asked. Tell me, Will. Why fourteen sides?" the Doctor asks.

" It was the shape Peter Streete thought best, that's all. Said it carried the sound well." Shakespeare tells him.

" Fourteen. Why does that ring a bell? Fourteen." the Doctor says .

" There's fourteen lines in a sonnet." Martha points out.

" So there is. Good point. Words and shapes following the same design. Fourteen lines, fourteen sides, fourteen facets. Oh, my head. Tetradecagon. Think, think, think! Words, letters, numbers, lines!" he says and looks for me for help but I shake my head.

"You can figure it out, you don't need a cheat, but maybe a hint, they did disappear way back at the dawn of the universe" I tell him making him frown and try to think more.

" This is just a theatre." Shakespeare says.

" Oh yeah, but a theatre's magic, isn't it? You should know. Stand on this stage, say the right words with the right emphasis a the right time. Oh, you can make men weep, or cry with joy. Change them. You can change people's minds just with words in this place. But if you exaggerate that." the Doctor tells him.

" It's like your police box. Small wooden box with all that power inside." Martha says .

" Oh. Oh, Martha Jones, I like you. Tell you what, though. Peter Streete would know. Can I talk to him?" the Doctor tells her.

" You won't get an answer. A month after finishing this place, lost his mind." Shakespeare tells him.

" Why? What happened?" Martha asks.

" Started raving about witches, hearing voices, babbling. His mind was addled." he tells her .

" Where is he now?" the Doctor asks.

" Bedlam." Shakespeare says.

" What's Bedlam?" Martha asks .

" Bethlem Hospital. The madhouse." I tell her .

" We're going to go there. Right now. Come on." the Doctor says pulling me with him.

" Wait! I'm coming with you. I want to witness this at first hand." Shakespeare says as he turns to follow us.

"Ralph, the last scene as promised. Copy it, hand it round, learn it, speak it. Back before curtain up. And remember, kid, project. Eyes and teeth." Shakespeare tells two men who had just walked in as we were exiting.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

As we make our way to Bethlem Hospital Shakespeare tires to flirt more with Martha. "So, tell me of Freedonia, where women can be doctors, writers, actors." he asks her.

" This country's ruled by a woman." she says back .

" Ah, she's royal. That's God's business. Though you are a royal beauty." he flirts at her.

" Whoa, Nelly. I know for a fact you've got a wife in the country." she says to him with wide eyes.

" But Martha, this is Town." he states like it is obvious.