Book 1: Chapter 39

Here is the next part of Army of Ghosts, hope you enjoy, I am currently writing up The Snowmen so the first part should be up on Christmas Eve, then the other half on Christmas. Hope you enjoy, and if there are any mistakes tell me, also if you want a certain episode tell me as well and I will see when I can do that episode.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

"It was only a matter of time until you found us, and at last you've made it. I'd like to welcome you, Doctor, Harmony. Welcome to Torchwood." Yvonne says opening a door where there was a massive warehouse area, with lots of crates, jeeps and trucks running around, and a flying saucer.

"That's a Jathar Sunglider." the Doctor says looking at a ship that was on the side.

"Came down to Earth off the Shetland Islands ten years ago." Yvonne says.

"What, did it crash?" the Doctor asks furrowing his brows.

"No, we shot it down. It violated our airspace. Then we stripped it bare. The weapon that destroyed the Sycorax on Christmas Day? That was us. Now, if you'd like to come with me." she says and we follow her as she walks and talks. "The Torchwood Institute has a motto. If it's alien, it's ours. Anything that comes from the sky, we strip it down and we use it for the good of the British Empire." Yvonne says.

"For the good of the what?" Jackie asks confused.

"The British Empire." Yvonne says to Jackie turning around.

"There isn't a British Empire." Jackie says shaking her head like it was obvious.

"Not yet. Ah, excuse me." Yvonne says and a soldier hands her a gun and she shows it to the Doctor. "Now, if you wouldn't mind. Do you recognize this, Doctor?" Yvonne asks

"That's a particle gun." the Doctor states.

"Good, isn't it? Took us eight years to get it to work" Yvonne says.

"It's the twenty first century. You can't have particle guns." the Doctor says raising one of his eyebrows and give a look of confusion at her.

"We must defend our border against the alien. Thank you, Sebastian, isn't it?" Yvonne says and hands the gun back to Sebastian.

"Yes, Ma'am." Sebastian says to her.

"Thank you, Sebastian. I think it's very important to know everyone by name. Torchwood is a very modern organization. People skills. That's what it's all about these days. I'm a people person." Yvonne says.

"Have you got anyone called Alonso?" the Doctor says making me sigh at him wanting to find an Alonso.

"No, I don't think so. Is that important?" Yvonne says furrowing her brows.

"No, I suppose not. What was your name?" the Doctor asks.

"Yvonne. Yvonne Hartman." Yvonne states and the Doctor reaches into a crate and picks up a black plastic step-stool with a handle on top.

"Ah, yes. Now, we're rather fond of these. The Magnaclamp. Found in a spaceship buried at the base of Mount Snowdon. Attach this to an object and it cancels the mass. I could use it to lift two tons of weight with a single hand. That's an imperial ton, by the way. Torchwood refuses to go metric." Yvonne says grinning and the Doctor drops it back in the crate and dusts off his hands.

"I could do with that to carry the shopping." Jackie points out.

"All these devices are for Torchwood's benefit, not the general public's." Yvonne says holding her hands up.

"So, what about these ghosts?" the Doctor asks playing with a magnifying glass that made his eye bigger.

"Ah yes, the ghosts. They're er what you might call a side effect." Yvonne says.