Until you're ready

It all started in 2009.

Dan and Phil, Phan, the questions, conspiracies about different things made up by fangirls who fought strongly for their otp. On their side, they saw two guys, supposedly best friends and what seemed to them by the small sly looks and cute quick smiles, they were much more than that. Fans saw mostly what they wanted to see, their otp, the beauty and gayness.

But on the other side, it's different.

On the other side, not everything is so simple.

<><><><>

-2009-

"Dan they are honestly so nice, they really like you and know i'm bi, i'm positive they won't hate on us. Please bear, it's okay to be scared but..." Phil trailed off, stroking the 18 year old's hair. They were currently practically cuddling sitting on Phil's small bed back in Manchester since Phil's parents were gone for the weekend he came to visit again.

Dan just shook his head, letting out another sniffle as he buried his head in Phil's chest. 

"Bear." Phil sighed, sitting upright more as he leaned against the headboard to help Dan sit up too. Dan wiped his eyes slowly as Phil pushed his hair off his forehead. "Are you sure you don't want to tell them the truth? Your viewers love you Dan."

"P-Phil no I-I...I cant...no no n-no my family d-doesn't even know a-about me yet how-how will they...i-i just can't Phil p-please n-no..." Dan whimpered, his voice cracking occasionally. 

"No no no tears." Phil said softly,cupping his cheeks.

"It's h-hard to s-stop crying when y-you stop..."

Phil shushed Dan quietly, kissing him softly because he knew that would help stop the whimpers. Dan, being the overly hormonal teenage boy he was almost instantly forgot about everything for now, getting indulged into the sweet kiss by his older boyfriend.

Phil pulled apart when Dan started to playfully tug on his hair, shaking his head as he laughed softly. "All better now? We'll wait until you're ready to tell them, once your family know and you're comfortable telling them, is that okay?"

"Yes." Dan breathed out, still lost in Phil's eyes. "Phil." he muttered under hit breath and biting his lip as his eyes glanced down at Phil's lips. "You know you're making me slowly fall in love with you right?"

Phil felt his heart flutter as his cheeks turned a rosy colour. He smiled shyly, his tongue poking out of the corner of his mouth. "So the feelings are mutual then."

"What?" Dan smiled, not paying attention since he was too busy playing with Phil's hair as he twirled a lock of it around his finger.

Phil shook his head as he smiled to himself. "Never mind Dan."

*

"Manchester is so cool!" Dan said happily as he and Phil roamed the streets of Manchester when the sun slowly started to set for the day and take it's rest. 

"It'll be even more amazing when we get onto the Manchester Wheel!" Phil smiled.

"Is it really that beautiful?" Dan asked as the stepped into their carriage. Dan immediately broke apart any contact the two had, even though it wasn't even holding hands but mere closeness as he looked down at the floor. Phil guessed that this was due to the security guard who was currently staring weirdly at Dan, who was dressed in a lot of grey and black, rocking the stereotypical 'gay emo' haircut similar to Phil's. Phil glared at the security guard as they climbed in and slowly but surely the carriage started to move upwards as the wheel started to slowly rotate.