Crying in the rain

Phil squeezed his eyes shut and sighed sadly at the slight burn to them. He was currently waiting at a park bench, sitting with his knees up to his chest hugging them.

His hair was now drenched in rainwater, as well as his squishy shoes, plaid shirt and considerably tight skinny jeans which were starting to feel extremly heavy.

Yes he was stranded in the rain.

Yes he looked like a mess.

Of course he would of left straight away due to the heavy downfall and the thunder starting to surround the streets of London.

But he was numb.

Completely numb.

His body and feelings.

Numb.

He closed his red eyes and sniffed, replaying the events that just happened in his head.

He remembered how much he felt his cheeks burning red of embarassment and coldness.

It was so embarassing.

Everything was fuzzy.

One minute he was hugging his boyfriend, the next he felt laughter rise.

They had only been together for a week. But Phil liked him, he had a tint crush on him.

He had an even bigger crush on his best friend Dan, but wanted to ignore it.

But Phil didn't realize that it was all a giant joke.

The populars had planned it all, they thought it would be absaloutly halarious to see a gender confused boy burst into tears as he randomly gets abandoned by his crush who goes to snog some girl right in front of him.

The populars don't care about Phil's feelings.

They just laughed at Phils tears, including his boyfriend David.

They laughed.

But his words hurt alot.

"Oh Phil, I was only jokin' mate! I mean come on, you're a bit out of my league and aren't...the best looking. Besides, i'm not some fag, it was a prank."

Phil ran off in utter humiluation.

Suddenly, Phil was awoken from his small nightmare daydream by a tap on the shoulder.

He flinched, looking up in fear, delighted to see that it was Dan but he still burt into tears at the sight of his best friend, who had an umbrella over the two of them now.

"Lion." Dan breathed out, hugging Phil quickly and stroking his head much like a pet.

Phil sniffed in reply.

"Lion?" Dan repeated softly after a few minutes of silence had passed of them just hugging and sniffing in the rain under the slightly crooked pink umbrella.

Phil looked up feebly from Dan's shoulders, his eyes now even more bloodshot than before.

"Y-Yes?" He croaked out.

Dan moved the piece of Phil's hair falling to his face behind his ears and tucking it.

"That person, was a very douchey douche. Okay? He doesn't deserve someone as beautiful as you. He's way out of your league. I know for a fact that you don't date disgusting players with a foul putrid sense of humour. You date people like you. Beautiful both inside and out. Someone who tells silly puns all the time. And someone who knows exactly how to cheer their best friend up." Dan spoke, drawing invisible lines with his finger across Phil's bright red knuckles.

Phil cracked a tiny smile, looking shyly at Dan as his cheeks tinted a good shade of red.

"Wanna hear a pun?" Dan asked, knowing they would always cheer Phil up.

Phil nodded enthusiastically.

"What did the duvet say when it fell off the bed?"

Phil shrugged.

"Oh sheet."

Phil grinned, giggling quietly. "Oh sheet." He shook his head in disbelief.

"Cheered you up huh lion?" Dan said cheekily as he poked Phil's red cheek.

Phil nodded happily. "Y-Yeah."

Dan smiled gleefully at Phil. Soon he got lost in his eyes as did the other and without no warnings or leaning in, they both slammed their lips together on the exact same moment.

There wasn't even any tension before that, it was just getting lost in eachothers eyes and not caring about anything.

Let's just say that there felt like a magnet between them.

People and feelings would always get in the way of the two magnets.

But one day they had gone.

And the magnets got to finally see eachother's true beauty.

So the magnets were pulled together by a force I like to call, true love.

Xx