Nobody Likes You

This is really sad at some points, including self-harm, so keep that in mind.

Phil's POV

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY PHIL!!"

I yelp, jumping back in suprise. My mum had told me to wake up and meet her downstairs, and I thought I was in trouble. It was quite the opposite really. My mum, dad and older brother were all surrounding me, still in their pyjamas since it was morning.

"Thanks." I smile back at everyone, giving them each a heartfelt hug.

"I can't believe your already 18! Your nearly older than me!" My 22 year old brother Martin jokes.

"I know right." I laugh, looking at my parents who smiled happily at me.

"Go get ready hun, you still have school today." My mood instantly drops. School. My family don't really know how much I hate it, or much I get bullied. All they know is that I have one best friend, but they think I like her.

I nod, running upstairs to shower, get changed and straighten my hair. Once i'm ready, I pack my school bag. Atleast it's Friday, one more day of suffering and then 2 days off. But then it starts all over again.

I walk down the street to school, which, luckily is only a few minutes away. Oh no. The bullies. I like to think of them as 'the monkeys', due to their fuzzy like appearance and horrible grammar. And also because I hate them.

They don't see me luckily, as I swoop past them and jet off to my first class with my form, role-call. I take my seat at the back and wait patiently for the class to begin. My friend isn't in my class. But she is in my next one, so i'll have to suffer for now.

"Hey fag."I hear being yelled from across the room, obvoiusly directed at me.

I don't turn around. What would be the point? I would just be pelted with stupid insults.

I also can' t look him in the eyes. The hideous monster I once called my 'best friend'. Now all he does is skip school and innocent people.

"We're calling you, Lester!" I finally turn around after being hit on the head by a pencil.

"What!" I ask, annoyed, wishing the teacher would get here soon.

"You know nobody likes you, especially me. It was just an experiment, and you fell for it." Dan laughed.

Wow, that hurt. We had been friends since the age of 9, and to say all those years together meant nothing, made tears well up in my eyes as I attempted to quickly wiped them away. But of course, they saw.

"OH MY GOD HE'S CRYING! WHAT A FUCKING LOSER!!" One of Dan's friends laugh, making the whole class turn to me, while I just bury my head in my book in embaraasment. I can hear Dan laughing too, and that's what always breaks my heart.

Finally, after all the taunting and teasing, our teacher comes in to check out attendance. After that, I run off to my next class, Art.

Carrie, my best friend is in Art, so this might not be that bad. Too bad Dan is still in my Art class. He's in practically all of my classes, except for History.

I enter the room early and sit at my desk as other students arrive. Then Carrie arrives, and just her smile immedientely makes me feel 10 times better.

"Lion!!" She squeaks the pet name I love, running to our seat, pulling her bag down as she squeezes me into a hug.

"Hi Carrie." I say back, smiling.

"Happy Birthday, love! I'll give you your present after school at your house." She explains, scanning my face. Oh no.

"Phil. You have been crying haven't you??"