That Spark

Phil's POV

When you're a child, everyone says that you will find your true love eventually whether it be by accident or on purpose. You know you've found your true love, when have a weird feeling. A feeling that tells you that you don't just want to be friends with them, but spend the rest of eternity with them.

And once you realize your feelings for eachother, their name is somehow carved onto your wrist.

I mean sure, it doesn't happen straight away, well to normal people anyway, but it did happen to me.

A long time ago.

*FLASHBACK STARTS*

"Hey Philly! How are you feeling?" Bryony, my best friend of age 12 asked.

"Fine, but I think I feel that spark...when i'm with you, d-do you feel it too?" My innocent eyes, fiddling with my jumper, sweaty palms, I thought.for sure I was in love.

"Um...yeah, me too..." But after that, Bryony had to move away, leaving just me and my thoughts behind, my thoughts of how she could have been the one, but now she's gone...

*FLASHBACK ENDS*

"Phil? Phiiil? Oi Phillip!!" I heard my current best friend yell into my ear, making me loose my train of thought.

"Y-Yeah Dan, what's up?" I asked, looking around to remember what was happening.

Right now, I was 19, and I was in school. In Maths. Now i'm glad I zoned off.

"The bell just rung, so schools over. What were you so caught up in to not even hear the bell?" Dan asked, packing away my books into my bag for me.

"Bryony. Mum told me she was coming back today, so my mind wandered off to when she left,"

"Um...what happened again? I mean, between you two?" Dan asked, fiddling with the hem of his school shirt.

"Oh, well, I had the spark feeling with her, and i-it was amazing, so then she said she felt it too! Dan, some say that the spark feeling goes and moves on with someone else once you're away from them...Is that true? Will that mean that Bryrony won't like me anymore?" I asked.

I saw a slight frown of sadness appear on Dan's face, soon to be replaced by a fake smile.

"N-no , of course not Phil, you're amazing, how could anyone not love you!? Everyone loves you...including me," He whispered the last part, and so I wasn't sure if I'd heard it right, so I just shrugged it off.

                    **************

Dan's POV

How could he not notice, notice how much i love him?

Of course he would never notice, he's in love with her, but, why do I secretly feel the spark for him, but he dosen't feel it for me?

Aren't the feelings supposed to be mutual?

Watching Phil and Bryrony hit it off again, wasn't something I especcially wanted to see. But I came here for Phil, since I want to atleast be a good friend to him.

"Daniel, right?" She was even prettier in person, since Phil had only showed me pictures of her. But she wasn't my type. My type is Phil.

"Hi Bryrony,I've heard so much about you! So what made you want to suddenly visit?" I asked a little coldy.

"Yeah...Well, about that, I needed to talk to Phil about something, and it's kind of personal..." She said, her eyes full of sadness.

"Oh, yeah sure! I totally understand, I'll just be outside if you guys need me..." I wish I could stay, but no feeling is worse than watching you're crush fall back in love again with someone else, so I left.

I was just waiting outside of the door however, because I wanted to know, but it was useless, since I could't hear a thing, so I just waited patiently for Phil.

Phil's POV

"Phil, do you still feel that spark? The one you did 7 years ago?" Bryrony asked, placing her hand on my lap.

"O-of course I do! I mean, I was scared I would't, but I still do!" I said excitedly.

"I-I'm sorry Phil, i've got to tell you the truth," She said, giving me a look of sympathy.

What?

"What? What do you mean?"

"I'm so sorry Phil, but, well, back then, when you asked me if I felt the spark, I did, I really did! But now, Philly I just..."

"You don't like me anymore, do you?" I asked, voice cracking, I was on the verge of tears.

"I'm so sorry Phil, It's just that...time has passed, and I moved on. I think it would be best for you if you moved on," She gave me a sympathetic smile.

"I-It's O-O-Okay Bryrony, I understand, umm, bye," I ran out of the room, finally letting the tears out.I am such a baby sometimes. It's pathetic, really.

I bumped into a figure, murmerimg a quick 'sorry' before looking at this person mysterious person. I could just make out that the brunette was Dan.

"Dan!" I squeaked, pulling him into a hug, I just desperately needed somebody at the moment.

Dan's POV

"Dan!" Phil's voice squeaked, he was clearly sad, with tears running down his cheeks.

I lay his head on my shoulder as I gently stroked his hair, whispering soothing things into his ear to try and stop him crying.

"D-Dan!" He said again, voice cracking, hugging me tighter.

This was probably the first time he'd experienced a heartbreak. Poor Phil.

Although, right now, comforting him was just making his love for him grow stronger.

Phil's POV

Why...does this feel weird? It's not awkward, but it feells...weird.

My heartbeat is increasing, and whenever I look at Dan, I look away in shyness.

I'm also starting to take in all the beautiful features that Dan has. Like his perfect dimples, his golden brown eyes and soft, silky hair.

Wait...am I falling for Dan? But, I thought I loved Bryrony? What the hell is going on?!

"D-Dan," I whimpered under his grasp.

"Yes Phil?" He said softly.

Taking his hand off of my hair, I led it to my chest, over to the left. My heartbeat. It was going even faster since our skin had come in contact, and his eyes widened in shock, as he felt my heartbeat.

"What's going on Dan!?!" I said, starting to get a little scared.

"Aww, Phil, d-do you-how do you feel? I mean-" Dan stuttered.

"Does this mean I love you?" I ask.

"You tell me," He smiles sweetly at me, leanimg forward and pressing his soft lips against mine, sparks of electricity flying through me.

He pulls apart, taking my hand in his, both of our wrist faced upwards. A slight pain goes through me, and I can see the same with Dan.

I look at my wrist to see in red writing engraved into the skin of my wrist :
Daniel James Howell

I look at Dan's wrist, to see my name written on it:
Phillip Micheal Lester

"Does this mean..."  I ask, trailing off.

"Hi there soulmate," Dan says with a wink, pulling me into a hug.

I found my spark.