Don't Cry

Phil's POV

Phil Lester Age : 13

Dan Howell Age : 9

"Danny are you okay?" I ask cautiously nudging his shoulder with mine as he hugs his legs to his chest.

"No, my dads gone a-away, and I miss him, b-but mummy says hes not coming back," The young brunette chokes out, wiping away the tears flooding his face.

"Can I give you a hug?" I blurt out.

He slowly looks up from his knees, and nods timidly. I pull the boy into a warm hug, holding him gently in my arms. He normally seemed so funny and self-confident, but now, he was somebody else. He seemed so fragile when he cried, so...sad.

What do I do? I've never seen him cry before, although he was only 9 years old, i'd never seen Dan cry before! He was always so tough.

I blurt out the first thing I can think of. "Don't cry!! Otherwise i'll cry.Then my teddies will cry. And my baby brother will cry. Then my mum will cry. Then her friend will cry. Then my mums friends son will cry. And his friends will cry. And their teachers will cry. And the whole of year 7 will cry. And then year 6 And then year 3 4 & 5 because they'll get upset. And the whole of Manchester will cry. So if you cry we all cry. Especially me, so don't cry".

He looks up at me, looking astonished. I look away, sinking my heads into my arms

I've said something stupid haven't I? Why cant I do something so simple as to cheer someone up?

"That was...amazing," He giggles, "how did you...thanks. I feel a lot better now Phil!" Dan laughs happily.

~FAST FOWARD TO WHEN THEY'RE OLDER~

Phil Lester Age : 27

Dan Howell Age : 22

Dan's POV

"Oi, it's an emo fag! Haha, shall we teach him a lesson boys?" Some ugly looking thugs yelled to me one day one my way back from the shops.

I didn't think there were homophobes in this neighbourhood...

**************

I fumble for my keys. I have no strength left, all I feel is numbness. I'm pretty sure I have a bruise on my left eye, and my stomach. Those guys were rough.

"Dan? Is that you?" I hear Phil call from the living room as I make my way in.

" No, it's just some burgular, who has the house keys," I mumble back sarcastically.

"Oh, well in that case, go ahead and take whatever you like," He giggles.

"Of course it's me you dimwit who else would it be?" I laugh, but immediantly stop, feeling the pain of my lungs and stomach.

I walk in to see Phil on the sofa on his laptop. He turns to face me with a smile, but it quickly fades to horror, as he sees my scarred face. Or maybe it was sadness?

"Oh my God! What the fuck happened!" He yells, running over to me.

Wow, he swore, I hardly ever hear Phil swear.

"Is it that bad?" I mumble, as his hands cup my face, inspecting the cuts and bruises.

"WHAT THE FUCK DAN?!" I flinched at his sudden change of tone, he sounds angrier, but also, more hurt.

He noticed this and quickly disgarded his hands from me, looking down at the floor.

"S-Sorry...so what happened Dan?" He mumbles.

"I-I was jumped by some homophobes, calling me an 'emo fag', and they beat me up," I murmur.

He pulls me into a hug. Soon, I feel my shoulder becoming damp. He was crying.

"Why are you crying?" I ask.

"B-Because they hurt you, and I-I-I wasn't..." He chokes, the sentence soon turning into a sob.

"Philly, don't cry, beacause i'll cry. And then my mum will cry. Then my dad will cry. Then my brother will cry. Then i'll cry again. Then my fans will cry. Then your fans will cry. Then Chris and Pj will cry. Then every Youtuber will cry. And when every Youtuber cries, their fans cry. And so, most of the world will cry if you cry. If you cry, we all cry....especially me so, um, don't cry," I laugh awkwardly.

I didn't remember everything he had said, back then, so I made up my own reasons. And judging from the goofy grin planted on his face, I guess he realized this.

The ebony haired boy quickly pulled me into another tight hug, mumbling "Your such a dork Dan. I love you,"

I would of said it back, but he was hugging me tightly, and I felt sharp pains due to the bruises that were there.

I winced in pain, and he realized, immediantly releasing me and exclaiming "I'm so sorry Dan! I forgot!"

I laugh at his concern. Phil was so conciderate, caring, kind. I'm so glad he's all mine.