Scarlett

A/N:

Cute fluff (im craving angst in the next oneshots mwahaha)

xx

It was a rainy day in London. Dan sat indoors with multiple blankets protecting him from the broken central heating of their apartment as he scrolled through tumblr as usual.

Phil was out getting more cereal as he had once again finished Dan's and insisted that he got more. Probably because he wanted more himself but Dan didn't refuse for more cereal. It was almost 6pm and it was dark outside. He was about to grab his phone and ring Phil as he could be as clueless as a hamster sometimes when he finally heard the shuffling of keys in the front door.

"Im hoooome." Phil called out.

"About time." Dan yelled back.

"I'm freezing cold I need to steal your warmth and climb under that blanket." Phil replied loudly.

Dan laughed, shuffling to make space under all the thick layers of cotton.

Phil shuffled inside the living room, hiding in the doorway. His head could be seen poking out as he didn't dare enter the room.

"Dan." He called out.

Dan looked up from his laptop, nodding. "What?"

"You know how I love you right." Phil started.

"Oh god what have you done this time." Dan sighed deeply.

"Nothing!" Phil argued.

Dan raised an eyebrow at the other man, giving him a stare only mum's could achieve when they wanted something.

"Nothing bad atleast!" Phil whined. "You know how its raining. Well I was walking home and then-"

"Wait." Dan interrupted, getting comfier and shuffling around. "Lemme brace myself knowing you."

Phil rolled his eyes. "Well, I saw this box on the floor and a small umberella covering it right, so obviously intrigued I looked inside and there was a little baby kitten inside, all shivering and sneezing, meowing at me."

"Phil you didnt..."

"So I picked up the small one and carried he/she home. They really like me, they won't let go of my side." Phil shuffled inside the room, one hand resting on his side supporting the tiny feline sitting on top of it, purring and nuzzling his hip.

Dan sighed again. "Phil we can't-"

"Just until I find him a home? Please?" Phil begged, holding the kitten up in front of him and petting it.

"It's a she." Dan stated, looking closely at the kitten. "Fine, but she stays with you and you take care of her, food and litter is your responsibility."

Phil jumped by Dan's side with the small cat, leaving it free to roam around this big surrounding. She purred against Phil before tapping its little paws over to Dan's knees, taking a sniff of his arm.

Dan sat awkwardly watching as the cat violated his arm by sniffing, feeling the cold air blow on it caused by the little creature. The little cat then looked up, as if staring right towards Dan.

"I think she likes you!" Phil smiled.

The kitten continued to stare before emitting a snake-like hiss at Dan, padding its paws back to the other boy. She began to growl as Phil petted her as Dan stared in shock and offence.

"What did I do?!" Dan exclaimed.

Phil shrugged. "Who knows. Come on Scarlet let's go up to my room." Phil said in a baby- voice to the newly-named kitten, getting up and going upstairs.

Dan grunted in annoyance, getting back to his useless scrolling.

~~

It was almost 3am. Dan figured he should probably head up to bed by now since he knew Phil was fast asleep, he struggled to break free of the warm blankets, stretching his crushed numb legs and arms. He yawned tiredly, scratching his head as he padded towards the door. Meeting him halfway was a tiny kitten who stood in front of him, not letting Dan pass.

Dan tried to walk past this creature by another left turn, resulting in it running to guard, not letting him pass.

"Cat...Scarlett. Stop." Dan warned.

The cat meowed in return, having a conversation with Dan in its own language. Each time Dan spoke the cat replied with just as much enthusiasm and power in its little vocal cords.

Dan slumped his shoulders, laying on the sofa deciding to sleep there. Halfway through the night, he woke up distinctly remembering a heavy feeling on his chest. A somewhat lightweight at the same time, like a ball of fluff, purring soundly.

xx