You are in love

A/N:

Songfic Prompt by @divergentfangirl718

Based off the song You are in love by Taylor swift :)

Enjoy ^.^

xx

One look, dark room,
Meant just for you,
Time moved too fast,
You play it back,

Dan's heart was racing faster than ever when he had knocked on Phil's door.

Phil.

The person who lived across the street from him for so long.

Phil.

The one whom he had always played with as a kid.

Phil.

The one who went through puberty after it had hit him like a truck and was now the hottest guy in Dan's world.

And the fact that he was in university whilst Dan was still in year 12 made feel so nervous around him.

Buttons on a coat,
Lighthearted joke,
No proof, not much,
But you saw enough,

Dan still looked back on it and blushed.

He remembered the time his and Phil's hands had brushed against eachothers accidently. When that happened however, Dan was carrying a cup of water so it made him yelp and spill the water over himself.

Phil couldn't stop laughing and helped Dan out of the shirt into one of his own which made Dan stay a beetroot colour for the rest of that day. Dan never gave that shirt back after that.

Phil still brings it up to Dan now.

Small talk, he drives,
Coffee at midnight,
The light reflects.
The chain on your neck,

Dan was staying over as usual. Phil's apartment was small, but really cosy. His parents had grown use to him hanging out with Phil and Dan had grown use to being by Phil's side.

They were both up at 3am again, sipping at their mugs peacfully.

Dan and his specially bought Hello Kitty mug, and Phil with his Lego mug he had stolen from Dan.

Hours would fly pass when talking about the littlest of things like how it would be living in an alternate universe.

Both sat upon the kitchen table Dan swinging his legs since he never could reach the bottom like Phil.

"Phil." Dan said quietly.

"Yeah?"

"Do you think we'll be best friends forever?"

Phil paused and bit his lip, simply shrugging.

"Dunno my curious little bear, we've made it for about a year so, maybe. I hope so."

"I hope so too."

He says look up,
And your shoulders brush,
No proof, one touch,
You felt enough,

Dan had just gotten out of Phil's shower. It was the holidays so he was spending the entire time with Phil.

But Dan being Dan, he forgot his clothes in their room so he began to casually walk around with some boxers on.

Until he realized that Phil was home.

And Phil had bought some friends.

Out of pure embarassment, Dan ran to his room and stayed there for the rest of the day.