Rent A Boyfriend

A/N:

I just walked our of my house the other day before school and I was running, tripped over my feet, flew into the air and plummeted on the floor. I bruised my knee and everyone in the cars on the road saw ;_; #reasonswhyimafail #moonatheclumsy

xx

Dan was fed up. He was almost 25, and hadn't had a single stable relationship yet. Everything before had been petty flings or been played by someone. Most of the time things just naturally never worked out. And Christmas was approaching soon.

The holidays of jolly fun and festivities, accompanied by a stuffed turkey and presents. As well as spending time with his family. His family which included his nosy parents.

So what if he didn't have a boyfriend yet?

So what if he wasn't thinking about marriage yet?

So what if he hasn't ever held a relationship for a year yet?

Who cares?

He did. After last year, he was not about to go through the same embarrassment. Once everyone was at the dinner table, just before they ate, it happened.

"Still haven't found anyone, som?" His dad's laughter rumbled.

Everyones eyes turned to him who say with red cheeks. He felt the eyes stare closely, as if pushing him down into his seat making him smaller.

"He's taking his time." His mother laughed.

"He just can't get anyone to stay with him." His brother snarled jokingly.

"I know someone who is homosexual, should I introduce you to him?" His aunt smiled as everyone roared with laugher.

"At this rate, Dan will end up alone on that internet job of his!" His uncle laughed loudly.

"I'm only 23! Besides, I work as a radio presenter. It's a stable job!" Dan protested but everyone laughed in return, joyfully digging into their food.

His year of boyfriend hunting hadn't been very successful. He had gotten into two relationships, both ending up as complete fails. He just didn't connect with anyone. He couldn't find that one person. Maybe he didn't fall for people. Maybe he was one of those people and would live his life as a graceful butterfly. But then his imaginations was plummeted back to Earth when one cold winters evening, he accidentally tripped on the street. He sat up, rubbing his knee before wincing in pain at his now ripped jeans.
He could see a little bit of blood that would probably form a bruise.

He was about to get up when a hand from heaven stopped in front of him. "Need a hand?" The mysterious man asked.

Dan opened his mouth, words unable to come out. He simply nodded as he held onto the man's hand helping him up with his strong grip.

Dan's leg stung as he stood on his other leg with more balance. He looked properly at the man who had a hood up. He had pale blue eyes and a black fringe covering it. Dan felt heart speed up, something he hadn't felt in a long time. 'Why did he always have to fall for the people he had no chance with?' He thought to himself.

"T-Thanks." Dan stuttered.

"No problem. Need any help, you bruised your knee pretty badly, can you walk?" The man asked.

Dan smiled, shaking his head. "I think i'm fine. Thanks again."

"If that's so, i'll be going." The man smiled again, walking away.