Popular Group

A/N:

I don't like the proffessional af layout anymore tbh

ALSO THANKS FOR THE LOVELY MESSAGES ILY ALL AND I FEEL A LOT BETTER!!!

Highschool au with fluff af and sprinkles of angst

xx

Dan stood at the back of the group as always, always fascinated by the smallest of things as they walked through school.

Personally, he hated the popular group despite being in it himself.

Because every popular group were bullies either great at sport, loud and funny or incredibly good looking, some all three. Normally the 'group leader' though, whom in this case was Phil Lester.

Dan knew that Phil wasn't a bad guy, he really wasn't!

Dan had been in the popular group of 8 since year 9, only because he was acceptionally good looking and being best  friends with Phil.

They all wandered through the school as usual, occasionally stopping to mock people to which Dan cringed and lowered his head in shame.

Luckily, Phil didn't do the teasing or punching. It was the second popular guy from the group who was dummer than a block of wood, Jake.

Phil just stood at the back next to Dan.

Once they had finished brutually mocking a girl with glasses  and throwing her books in a nearby puddle, they all left in pride.

Except Dan who helped the young girl and picked up her books for her, drying them with his jacket. Phil stayed behind too, peering at Dan curiously.

Dan handed back the books, lowering his head in shame. "I'm so sorry!"

The girl smiled in awe, nodding her head shyly. "T-Thank you..."

Phil also couldn't help but smile in awe too at how sweet Dan could be. He did secretly have some sort of feelings for him for a while now, whch is part of the reason he kind of forced him to stay in their group.

"Come on let's go." Phil muttered to Dan, grabbing his arm an leading him away protectivly with a hint of jealousy.

Dan looked back at the girl as he was dragged away and waved frantically.

~

One time, they had beat up a boy in the year below them for talking back. It was only Jake who did it as always and all the others followed. Dan didn't get why Phil was the 'leader'. Maybe because he was the best looking, but everyone followed Jake. Maybe, slowly, Jake was taking his place and Phil didn't seem to care. He always had a sweet and innocent vibe to him and often ended up being pushed around because of it.

Dan stayed behind as the group walked off to hurt someone else. As always, Phil stayed behind watching closely. Dan kneeled down, help the poor boy sit up and pushing his hair off his sweaty fringe.

"I'm so so sorry about them." Dan frowned, grabbing the boy's stuff and putting them back in his bag.

"Dan, everyone knows you're so sweet and amazing, why are you in that popular group?" The boy said curiously, brushing the dirt off his clothes.

"Well...I have a friend in that group you see. He's my bestest friend in the whole wide world! ...But the thing is, he doesn't have the guts to leave yet. I'm going to leave when he does, because I don't want him to be by himself."

"That friend sure if lucky. I mean you do realize most of the girls and some guys fancy you right? Not the other snobby ones, you, because you're so nice."

Dan smiled shyly and shrugged.

"Let's go." Phil interrupted, helping Dan up.

The boy got up too after stumbling a bit, looking up at Phil. "Is that him?"

Dan looked at Phil and smile. "Yeah it is." He chuckled, soom being dragged away by Phil again.

~

Another time, they had just finished teasing two boys in their year, spitting the words faggot carelessly. When they left, Dan and Phil stayed behind.

Dan quickly ran to the group. "I'm so sorry about them! Really, they are so stupid."

One of the two boys rubbed his arm. "What's wrong with being a fag anyway? Yeah we're gay and what? It's not like it's affecting them..." The one who was called Chris said. The curly haired one called Pj  nodded in agreement.

Dan shrugged. "Nothing, he's a twat."

"You know I have a feeling Jake's questioning his secuality but is too afraid to admit it." Chris smirked making Pj, Dan and even Phil all burst into laughter.

"Oh god, Dan but seriously you're too good for that group. Leave it already, join ours." Pj smiled.

"I'd love to take you up on that offer." Dan smiled but looked back at Phil. "But not yet."

~

"Where are the guys?" Dan asked as Phil grabbed his hand and led him elsewhere.

"We're not going to be with them anymore. I discussed it before, they're fine with it."

"That's brilliant Phil!" Dan squealed excitedly and jumping up and down slightly.

Phil stared at Dan, eyebrows furrowed.

"W-What?" Dan smiled sweetly.

Phil took a deep breath, quickly leaning forward and pressing his lips to Dan's for a few seconds. After pulling apart, Dan still had a gazed look on his face.

"S-Sorry...Y-You're just cute okay and...Y-Yeah...C-Couldn't hekp myself..." Phil stuttered.

Dan stared amazed, quickly pressing his lips onto Phil's again. "Couldn't help myself either."

xx

A/N:

GUESS WHAT?

I FINISHED SPEAK UP ALREADY *CRIES*

BUUUUT I STARTED ANOTHER STORY WHICH IS STUDENTXTEACHER

I'm going to update regularly on there and its a studentxteacher phanfic called 'Teacher', I just updated the second chapter and its pretty long ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) i'm super proud of it and it has mainly fluff with some angst

PLEASE READ IT ILY

xx