Apologies

Older!nat x fem!reader (romantic) , protective!Wanda x fem!reader (platonic)
Warnings: cussing, mean nat, mentions of sex, angst with happy ending

Words counted: 1710

Shutting the door behind you as you walk into you and nats shared room, you feel your eyes fill with tears threatening to escape. You had to walk away from nat because you couldn't deal with how bad she treats you in front of the team. She controls you and is so overprotective over you. You never can hang out with Your friends. Nat says she trust you but this goes to show that she doesn't.

Y'all have been together for about a year, she was never like this when y'all first started dating. She was loving, always took you out on amazing dates, amazing love making, etc, but now it seems like she is ashamed that you are her girlfriend. Whenever y'all would have sex, there was no love into it, she would make fun of you in front of the team, flirt with people in front of you, brag about how many people she slept with. Of course you couldn't say anything in front of the team since y'all haven't come out yet.

You were getting tired of it, of course you tried to her about it but she would gas light you and make it seem like it's your fault. The only other option was to break up with her, no matter how shitty she made you feel, breaking up is the last thing you wanted to do but you don't have much of a choice at this point.

You decided to go ahead and sleep the night away without knowing what Natasha is doing the rest of the day.

The next day

You woke up the next morning stretching as you felt around the bed looking for your ex assassin girlfriend. The only thing you felt was cold sheets, meaning she didn't come to bed at all. Sighing, you got out of bed and got dressed into some warm/comfy clothes since it was freezing in New York.

You walked to the kitchen to see if Wanda was cooking breakfast, to which your nose sensed that she is. The smell of pancakes and bacon filled your nostrils, your mouth watering at the sight of it. You saw nat sitting at the counter with her black coffee in hand drinking as she was talking/flirting with Wanda to which she was getting uncomfortable since she was with vision, and she's best friends with you. She was the only one in the team who knew y'all were together.

You shook your head in disappointment at nat constantly acting this way. You walked up to her and sat down next to her to greet her "hey natty...how are you". She gave you a fake, small smile "I was doing fine until you came in here". She chuckled as she "joked" around with you, but of course you didn't see it that way since she never makes jokes unless she's in a goofy/playful mood. She's only that way when she's alone with you so the others doesn't see how soft she's gotten for you.

You sighed and looked down at the floor as Wanda shot glares towards nat. Wanda was getting pissed off nat Natashas behavior and she wasn't gonna deal with it any longer. Bucky walked in and greeted everyone as he sat down beside nat. Natasha and Bucky was flirting in front of you, you were about to leave without saying anything until Bucky asked nat out on a date. Nat shrugged her shoulders and said sure. You gasped in shock and tears filled your eyes.

Tears spilled down your cheeks as you shouted at nat "I FUCKING CANT BELIEVE YOU NATALIA, IM SO TIRED OF YOU AND YOUR BULLSHIT! WE ARE OVER". You ran to your room as you started sobbing on the way. Bucky looked at nat with disgust and shock. "I thought you said you were single natasha! If I knew you were with (y/n) I wouldn't have asked you out!". Bucky stormed off to training to let his anger out. Wanda looked like she was going to kill nat, she slowly walked toward her as she slightly tilted her head and spoke in a low voice. "You better be lucky that (y/n) doesn't hate you because I would totally murder you right now..." she growled at nat.

Nat was still in shock at what had happened that she didn't even really hear what Wanda had said to her. That just made Wanda even more angry, she used her magic to choke nat and lift her up in the air. Nat was struggling to speak as she was trying to explain but Wanda wasn't having any of it but she knew you were be pissed at her if she hurt nat so she put her down and whisked her magic away so it wouldn't choke her anymore.

Nat grabbed her throat gasping for air as she looked up at Wanda. Okay, yeah she deserved that. Wanda looked down at her with a murderous look "As much I don't wanna hear your bullshit for treating (y/n) like shit but she does deserve why you treated her like shit." Nat nodded her head in agreement and she jogged to go and find you. As nat was walking away, Wanda could hear her thoughts and she slightly softened as she could hear how sorry natasha was, it doesn't make what she did right but her reasoning kinda made sense to Wanda. She didn't get to hear the rest of her thoughts as she saw nat ran to where your room was. Wanda had hoped that the full reasoning of nats doings to you would make sense in the end.

You were sobbing into your pillow as you heard a knock on the door, without knowing who it was because you thought it was Wanda you whimpered out a "come in". You saw nat peek her head around the door with shame written all over her face. You winced at the sight of her not wanting to see her but you were dying to know why the last two months she treated you like shit and why she never wanted to tell everyone that y'all two were together. She let out a shaky sigh and she walked toward your bed and sat down at the end of it, knowing you don't want her close to you. You held in a sob as you said "why...? Did I really mean nothing for you to go and treat me like absolute shit? Oh! And to accept a date from one of my friends right in front of my face?! Do you have no shame!!". Nat looked down at her feet as she let out a couple of tears. Natasha shook her head at your words and let out a shaky breath "no angel...you were nothing but perfect to me...". You whimpered "then w-why...?".

Natasha looked up at you with her sad,puffy, red eyes "I-I...I thought you could do better than me...". Nat looks down and starts wringing her hands, she only does that when she's super nervous. "I never told you much about my past...but...i thought I killed the man who basically started the red room a-and...I killed his daughter". She held back a sob and I went over to her to comfort her. "B-but...he didn't die...after civil war...when I was on the run...I found my "sister" yelena, along with my first family...we destroyed the red room and drekyov with it...and the daughter...s-she was still alive...and I finally got to apologize to her b-but...I still feel so ashamed about what I did to her...she was only 7 (y/n)! A-and I burned her alive!". She started sobbing violently and you hugged her while you let her head on your chest.

"Oh natty...you didn't have a choice...it was the only way you could get out of his hold he had on you...". Nat sniffled and looked up at you "I did have a choice...I almost killed an innocent little girl and I've killed so many innocent people...you deserve someone who isn't a monster like me...". You went down on your knees and cupped her cheeks " you listen here. My Natalia isn't a monster! She never was and she never will be. You were manipulated and tortured into doing things that you didn't want to do. I know you still feel bad for your past and dreykovs daughter but like I said. You. Didn't. Have. A. Choice. You had to get rid of him but the only way to get to him was his daughter and I'm so sorry love that you had to go through that but...in the end she was okay. Dreykov is dead and you are finally free. You are free natty to do whatever you please. Stop letting your past get to you. Please...".

Nat blinked away some tears and wiped away yours with the pad of her thumb gently. "I am so sorry baby girl for how I was treating you for the past two months...I was just so angry at myself and insecure and I let it out on you...and I hated flirting with other people that wasn't you...I just wanted to see if you really loved me...I know...it was very stupid and childish of me...and how I made fun of you in front of the team...I regret it so much dove...". Nat sniffled and you sighed. I don't know if I can forgive you just yet natty...you really hurt me...but I still want to be with you...I think we should just take things slow for now...".

Nat nodded, " I understand baby, I'll do whatever that you are comfortable with...I just can't lose you angel...". You hugged Nat as she held you close to her. "I could never leave you natty.".

Natasha is still going slow with (y/n) but their relationship is going stronger each day. Natasha is going to therapy to help her get over her past traumatic events. She's also treating you like a princess every single day and proving to you how much she loves you and how sorry she is for hurting you.

A/n: I'm sorry for the rushed ending and how long it is eofktirkoddo but thank you Sm for reading and please reblog! Remember to stay hydrated and that I love y'all!