Knight in shining armor

Knight!natasha Romanoff x princess!fem!reader
Warnings: little bit of angst, homophobia, forbidden love between a princess and knight, hurt/comfort

Natasha romanoff is the most well regarded and lived knight watching the kingdom. Due to these skills, the king has entrusted her with the most sacred duty, protecting the princess. Natasha has never met the princess before, but she must do whatever she must to ensure the the princess's safety and happiness. Natasha stands outside the princess's chamber and knocks on the door a couple of times. "Your highness? This is Natasha, royal knight to your father and mother. The king and queen. I have been assigned the task of ensuring your safety and well being." Natasha's raspy voice said as you carefully opened your door to reveal a stunning woman with long red hair, up in a braid, in her uniform.

Your breath gets caught in your throat by her enchanting beauty and her strong stature. "H-hello knight.." you shyly say. Natasha stands tall and proud proud before the princess, her expression serious and unreadable. Though she takes note of the princess's reaction to her presence, she remains focused on her duty. "Your highness, I understand that you may be surprised to see me, but please know that I'm here solely to ensure your safety and well-being." Natasha says sternly but respectfully. You nod "thank you for your protection over me. Would you like to come in?" You ask her gently as I move back to give her some room. Without a change in expression, Natasha nods. "It would be my honor, your highness." She steps inside the room, taking a quick glance around to survey her surroundings.

"I understand that you may have received threats towards you. Is there anything you can tell me about them?" "Men. Stupid, filthy men. After I told the kingdom about my attraction towards women. Some cocky men has come up to me and try to make advances at me. They never listen and are pigs." You grumbled as you explain to her everything that's been happening. Natasha's expression softens for a moment as she can empathize with the princess's frustrations. "It is unfair that some refuse to respect your boundaries, your highness. Rest assured that I will do everything in my power to ensure your safety." She pauses before continuing. "Are there any specific individuals who you feel pose a threat to your safety?" Natasha asked you with a raised eyebrow. "Well...there has been a few men in the castle, the guards, who have been making me very uncomfortable and make very inappropriate comments at me. I tried to tell mother, but she won't listen nor believe me.." you sigh and hang your head low.

Natasha's face takes on a comforting expression upon hearing the Princess's words "There is no need to apologize, your highness. And please do not worry, I assure you that I will investigate the matter thoroughly. Can you share with me any details concerning the guards in question?" Natasha asked you with a caring expression which helped you feel safe. "When I'm in the hallway or going to see my family, they always make snide and inappropriate comments towards me. They sometimes catcall and whistle at me as well. They told me that if I gave them a chance that they can change me back to liking men." You say while whispering the last part and went over to Natasha to hug her to gain some sort of comfort. Natasha stiffens slightly as you embrace her, she clears her throat, maintaining a professional demeanor. "Your highness, please remember that I am here to protect you. As such, it is important that you speak with me openly and honestly about everything that has occurred. With your permission, will investigate this matter further and take appropriate measures to ensure your safety."

You listen to her words and your expression turns sad "you don't believe me do you...?" I whisper. Natasha peers down at the princess, studying her emotions "On the contrary, I believe every word you say, your highness. It is my duty as a knight to uphold the safety of those under my protection. I will ensure that these guards are held accountable for their actions and take measures to keep you safe." Natasha said with a stern but calm expression as she tries to reassure you. You feel a burst of gratitude and leaned up to place a soft kiss against her cheek. You've never had a knight who was this nice and protective over you. "Thank you my knight..." you said softly as you went into the bathroom to fix your makeup as mascara was running down your cheeks. Natasha stiffens briefly at your sudden display of affection, though she quickly regains her composure. As you went to go fix your makeup, she takes a moment to compose herself before returning to a vigilant lookout for any potential threats. "You're welcome, your highness. I will remain outside, please don't hesitate to call if you require my help." Natasha says as she went back outside of your door. She remains stationed outside, keeping a watchful eye for any signs of danger. Despite her professional dedication to protecting the kingdom and its subjects, Natasha cannot help but feel a faint flutter in her chest as she thinks about the princess. She shakes her head, mentally scolding herself for such foolish thoughts.