Chapter Eight - DADA

Word Count: 2,674.

Warnings: None.

After being 'attacked by a beast,' Malfoy didn't return to class until late on Thursday morning, when we were halfway through double Potions with the Gryffindors. He swaggered into the dungeon, his right arm still covered in bandages and bound up in a sling, which I knew he didn't need anymore, having not seem it on him for a couple days.

"How is it Draco?" simpered Pansy. "Does it hurt much?" Her tone was laced with sarcasm. Draco didn't notice, basking in her fake pity. I held in a laugh, watching as the 'injured' Malfoy sat beside his Potions partner.

"Yeah," said Malfoy, putting on a brave sort of grimace.

Rolling my eyes, I turned back to my Potion's partner. Theo shook his head at Draco's antics, instead returning his focus to the Potion's book in front of him. It had to be the only class where he did any work.

"Settle down, settle down," said Professor Snape idly.

I scanned my eyes around the room, noticing a particular brown-eyed boy missing, "Where's Riddle?" I asked Theo, who simply shrugged his shoulders, his quill moving aggressively against his parchment.

"Mr. Riddle." Snape's voice sounded as that certain missing person tried to quietly make their way into the room. I saw Mattheo scrunch his face as he swivelled his feet to turn to our teacher.

"I couldn't find the classroom sir," Riddle replied, taking a deep breath.

"Very well," Snivellous simply waved him off, "go sit beside Black and Nott, they'll help you catch up."

Mattheo nodded, quickly making his way to me and sitting down in the empty chair to my left. He placed his satchel beside the table, taking his Potion's books and quills out of it.

"You couldn't find the classroom?" I asked, "the one that is in your House's area of Hogwarts. For an hour?"

Mattheo nodded, "It's not like I got a tour of the place. The stairs kept moving on me."

I gave him a pointed look, to which he sighed heavily, "and I asked the Weasley twins where it was," he admitted and I scoffed, "they said it was upstairs."

"Note to self Riddle. The Weasleys are great, but never trust them to direct you to the right place." I replied, "Oh, and never buy anything off them." Mattheo looked at me, confused. I pointed my finger at him, stopping whatever he was about to say.

"Mr. Potter, would you stop talking." Snivellous snapped, mine and Riddle's heads turning to the black-haired Gryffindor.

"We don't think it's fair how a Slytherin can walk in late and simply be told to go sit down, and yet Gryffindors get detention for it." Harry argued, looking at Mattheo. I shot him an incredulous look, to which he avoided. What was he doing?

"Fine, Mr. Riddle. Detention this Saturday, 6 o'clock," the Professor spoke calmly. Mattheo nodded in compliance. I shook my head, glaring at the side of Harry's face.

"What about Black?" Ron spoke up. I quickly moved my gaze to the usually quiet boy beside Potter.

"What about Black?" Theo followed the red-haired boy. The quill had dropped from his hand as he began to engage in the conversation.

"She was late for class," Ron continued, his voice shaking slightly at the glare Malfoy and Theo were giving him.

"I had girl problems sir." I explained to the Professor, seeing his face tense.