Chapter Seven - Ferret Boy

Word Count: 2,123.

Warnings: None. 

The mood of Hogwarts hadn't changed after a week of celebrations. Almost every student was excited for the Triwizard Tournament, but I sensed that the mood of the school was partially because of them not knowing the entire history behind the tasks. Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

"Did you know that in the third Triwizard Tournament all of the champions died?" I asked from my seated position.

Draco, Theo and I had settled ourselves in the Hogwarts courtyard. I was sat back against the Great Oak with a book in my hands.

"Lyra, you need to stop worrying about this thing." Theo voiced from his position in my lap. Facing the sky, his head was resting on my thighs as he tried to relax.

"But how can I? Any of the students in this castle could be dead by the end of the year." I told him, scanning the page again.

"He might be a right git, but Dumbledore won't let that happen." Draco spoke from above me, where he was settled in the tree.

"I think he might," a new voice spoke. "Just for the fun of it." Nika was walking towards us.

"Lupa." I greeted. She winked, settling herself beside me.

Taking the book from my grasp, she slammed it closed and set the object down beside her.

"I didn't mark my page," I whined, giving her a pointed look.

"Too bad."

Theo took hold of my hand, bringing it to the top of his head. I laughed lightly, beginning to run my hand through his curls.

"That better?" I asked. He nodded, letting out a long sigh.

"So, how was your summer?" Nika asked cheerfully.

"It wasn't the worst, but spending it with Lucius Malfoy was far from amazing."

"Well, at least you almost got killed. Makes the summer better." She tried.

"I think Theo here would disagree with you." I looked down at the boy.

"I'm not getting involved. You don't want to hear my opinions on my cousin's safety." He opened one eye. "But I do not agree Lupa."

"Hey Malfoy. I need your help." Riddle's voice announced as he arrived in the courtyard.

"You finally decide to interact with us?" I asked him. "Have we become cool again?"

Riddle ignored me, looking up to Malfoy in the tree. Draco made his way down, landing beside Riddle.

"Did he just ignore you?" Nika asked.

"Yes, he did."

"That fucking bastard." Nika went to stand.

I pulled her back down, shaking my head firmly at her. "No."

"What do you need Riddle?" Malfoy asked him.

"I need you to help me make a potion."

"Lyra's the potion's master, you should ask her." Draco was now leaning against the tree, apple in his hand. "I have a habit of messing things up."

"You can say that again," Theo muttered.

Riddle's gaze moved to me for a moment, his face turning away quickly before our eyes could meet. "Well since you can't, I'll manage by myself." He quickly left the courtyard.

"What the fuck is going on with him?" I heard Draco mutter, taking a bite out of the fruit.

"I don't know, and I don't really care." I told him, leaning over Nika to pick up my book again.