Chapter One - The Malfoys

Word Count: 2,356 words.

Warnings: None

Summer with the Malfoys was interesting to say the least. A couple of weeks had turned into a month and then two months and I soon suspected that I would be spending the entirety of my summer at Malfoy Manor. The latest letter from Lupin only confirmed those suspicions.

Lyra,

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news yet again, but another complication has arisen, and it must be handled before I can secure us accommodation.

I hope your time with the Malfoys has been pleasant enough and I sincerely hope to see you soon. I will inform you of any other changes that occur.

With love,

Moony.

Sighing, I dropped the letter back onto my desk, leaning back into my chair. "Always so official," I muttered.

"Another letter from your uncle?" Draco asked from the doorway.

I dropped my head back to watch his figure leant against the wall of my room. "What else?" I replied.

Draco sighed, moving towards me. He picked up the letter from the wooden desk, reading over Lupin's words. "At least he's trying to solve whatever these complications are." Draco tried.

"I wish he'd tell me what they're about. Maybe I could help."

"Lupin will figure it out Lyra." Draco dropped the letter back onto the desk.

Placing a hand on my shoulder, Malfoy spoke again. "Breakfast is ready downstairs."

I nodded, placing a hand on top of his. "I'll be down in a minute. I'm just going to write back to Moony."

"Don't be too long. You know how my father gets when you're late." Draco moved to the door.

"I can't make any promises. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't fond of our little spats." I turned to watch him leave.

"You're going to be the death of me Black."

"It's a strong possibility."

Once Draco had left the room, I took a fresh piece of parchment and placed it in front of me. Taking a quill, I began to write.

Moony,

The summer has been an interesting one. Draco has been his usual self but similar to last year at Hogwarts, I have this feeling that there is something bothering him. I am yet to discover what it is exactly, but I'm not one to give up.

Cissy is caring as always and was quick to offer me anything I needed. After being around her for the past few months, I have come to realize that she must be quite lonely in this house. I have yet to see her leave the Manor for more than an hour at a time. It seems she is permanently cooped up in this immensely outdated house.

I regret to inform you that my relationship with Lucius has not improved. If anything, living with the man has deepened out hatred for each other. At this very moment, I am expected downstairs for breakfast, but I quite felt like making Lucius wait.

In other things, I am disheartened to hear that I may not leave this Manor yet and I ask again for you to tell me what the complications are. I might be able to help.

As always, I ask if there is any word of father? I could do with a little good news right now.

Love from,