Chapter Eight - Another One

Word Count: 4,412.

Warnings: None.

Breakfast the first day back to school, I was the most tired I had ever been. Little to no sleep due to the voices bickering in my head paired with the early morning had me nearly falling asleep at the table.

"Wake up Sleeping Beauty," Mattheo told me, sitting himself down beside me.

"I am awake," I told him, pointing at the boy.

"You don't look it. Didn't sleep?" he asked, placing his books down onto the table.

I shrugged my shoulders, falling against the boy and resting my head on his shoulder. He quickly wrapped an arm around me, letting me keep my head in the crook of his neck.

"I just can't seem to sleep," I explained, excluding the part where a little Devil and Angel were sitting on my shoulder.

"Well, you're going to need to stay awake for our first class," he told me, reaching across the table to pick up some food.

"What is it? Potions with Snape? Something outside? Oh, please tell me it isn't Divination, I might cry if I have to listen to Trelawney blabber on about death," I moaned.

Riddle laughed lightly, bringing his other arm around me and kissing the top of my head. "Defense Against the Dark Arts," he told me.

I rose from his hold, giving him a tired look. "You're fucking kidding me?"

Mattheo shook his head, taking a mug from the middle of the table and handing it to me. "Coffee?" he offered.

I took the drink from him, gulping it down. The heat of the coffee made my eyes water but that went away when I felt the energy it was giving me.

"Better?" he asked.

"Better," I sighed.

"Hey lovebirds," Pansy greeted us, walking into the Hall with Nika on her arm. They sat down across from us, Blaise following.

Zabini began to dig into the food, a somber expression on his face but Nika turned Pansy's head to hers, encasing the girl's lips in a kiss. Blaise moaned.

"They've been doing that all morning," he told me. "All morning."

I shrugged my shoulder, leaning against Riddle. He brought his arm around me, giving me another kiss on the head as he opened one of his books.

Blaise sighed again, gesturing to the two of us. "And now you two? For fucks sake. At least I still have Theo and Draco."

I turned my head to the entrance, watching Theo and Tyler make their way in, Theo's arm around the Gryffindor. "I wouldn't be too sure about that."

Blaise followed my look. "Fuck," he cursed.

Tyler and Theo sat on the other side of Blaise, following Pansy and Nika's lead and starting to kiss each other.

Blaise turned to the door again, watching Draco walk in and take a seat beside me.

"Draco!" he exclaimed. "Please tell me you aren't dating someone or in the middle of whatever the hell Lyra and Riddle are doing."

I rolled my eyes playfully, watching the blonde Slytherin's gaze lock on something across the room. I didn't need to follow it to know who he was looking at.

"Is he pining?" Blaise asked.

I nodded. "Yes he is."

Blaise groaned, taking a large bite of his food and mumbling something.