Chapter Twenty-Seven - Time Turner

Word Count: 2,259.

Warnings: None.

"What happened?" I heard a voice ask frantically.

"She was attacked by a werewolf."

"A werewolf!" a girl's voice shrieked.

There was a thump to my side as someone sat down. My hand was taken from my side and was suddenly clasped in someone else's.

"How did this happen?" a voice asked, angered.

"It seems that she followed Mr. Black into the woods." An older voice explained. "There also seemed to be a werewolf in the forest that night."

"Why do I find that hare to believe?" another female voice spoke, a grit in her voice.

"She needs rest, but she will be alright."

ᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜ

When I opened my eyes, I was met with a set of blinding lights. I squinted, groaning slightly.

"Merlin, she's waking up!" a voice exclaimed. "Get Madam Pomfrey!" Footsteps ran away.

"Theo?" I asked, turning my head and finding him sat in a char beside me.

"Hey Black." He muttered, smiling softly.

"What happened?" I asked, beginning the sit up. Theo jumped up, supporting me as I rose.

"You were attacked by a werewolf." He stated, rather astonished.

"That's," I started, watching his face watch me, concerned. "That's what happened. Yeah."

"You don't sound surprised."

"Theo. I know I was attacked by a werewolf. I tried to stop it from attacking Potter." I explained.

"Why, in Merlin's name, did you do that?"

"Because I've been living with the werewolf for 12 years." I revealed, watching his face drop as he sat down.

"Lupin."

"Is a werewolf."

"But –"

"I had an argument with Lupin. He wasn't telling me everything I wanted to know. I wanted to know about my father. About my family. And he wouldn't tell me anything. I was scared about Sirius Black being in Hogwarts and I couldn't talk to him about it." I blurted.

Theo sighed. "That's what you were hiding from me."

"I was terrified of becoming him and not to mention scared shitless."

"You're not your father Lyra. You never will be. I don't understand why you couldn't tell me."

"Because I knew once I did, all I would get was your pity, and I had enough of that. I'm sorry."

"Why the sudden confession?" he asked.

I took a deep breath. "I met my father last night and he's nothing like I thought."

"Lyra –" His gaze turned worried.

"Let me finish." I silenced him. "It isn't what we thought. There is so much more to what happened, and I don't have time to explain it all to you, but," I paused. "I'm not scared anymore."

Theo nodded. "Good. But don't you ever do anything that stupid again. Okay?" he asked.

I laughed lightly. "No promises."