Chapter Fifteen - Secret-Keeper

Word Count: 2,876.

Warnings: None.

The air was getting colder at the top of the Astronomy Tower. It was the middle of the day, but I still needed a coat to keep myself warm. I didn't want to imagine how cold it would be during the night. I would need to bring an entire blanket with me. Maybe even some candles.

It was the weekend after the Quidditch match and Harry had left the Infirmary and was back to classes. The majority of our year was going to Hogsmeade today, picking Saturday as their weekly visit to the popular village.

"Back here again, are we?" Mattheo spoke. I didn't need to turn around to know that it was him who had entered. I found myself smiling as he announced himself.

"It's the quietest place in Hogwarts."

He made his way to the railing beside me, and I could see him shiver as his bare arms hit the railings. I laughed shortly.

"I thought you liked the cold." I spoke.

"I do. This is just a little too cold for my liking." I could see his breath in the air. He turned to me.

"You're a lot more comfortable in yourself." I observed. He nodded.

"I took your advice."

"Which was?"

"I've elected to ignoring them, and just letting them think what they want. This guy, the one in front of you is who I always want to be and I'm not going to let them make me any different."

I laughed, "Merlin, that was like something out of a teen movie." I told him.

"What's a movie?" he asked. I cut my laughing off abruptly.

"You're kidding me."

"Not kidding you." I shook my head in denial.

"Well, Mattheo Riddle, you may be yourself again, and I am excited to get to know you properly, but dear child, you have a lot to learn about me."

He smiled. "I can't wait."

For a moment, he just smiled, looking at me fondly. I found myself smiling back at him, my teeth beginning to show in it.

"Lyra!" a voice shouted from below us and I looked over the railings. Pansy was stood there, accompanied by Draco, Theo and Blaise. "Move your ass down here so we can go to Hogsmeade! We are already late as it is!"

I nodded, turning to look at Riddle. "She forgot you."

"And bring Riddle while you're at it!" she screamed again. I pursed my lips.

"There we go."

ᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜ

"Let's go to Honeydukes first, I need to get something for Christmas." Pansy offered, turning to look at us.

"I need a warm drink first, it's bloody freezing." Draco countered. I could see his teeth chattering as he talked.

"We can split up." I told them. "Half of us will go with Draco to get us a seat and the other half will go with Pansy to Honeydukes."

"Look, it's her," whispered voices rose into the air. I sighed. There was a group of what looked to be Fifth Years. They were huddled together, their faces looking scared as they conversed. Even Fifth Years were scared of me.

"Oh, I'm with Draco," I heard Blaise speak, hurrying to the blonde's side. My gaze turned back to them.

"Me too." Mattheo answered, moving his gaze from me and joining them.