Chapter Nineteen - Dance Partners

Word Count: 2,842. 

Warnings: None. 

Lyra,

Yes, there was a werewolf captured around Grimmauld Place. It turns out that there was another of my kind living a couple doors down.

But I am perfectly fine. Your father had me locked in the basement of Black Manor so there was no way of me getting out.

On a sad note, as a result of this capture, myself and Padfoot have been forced to hunker down in the Manor. This unfortunately means that you will not be able to come home for Christmas as planned.

I know you were looking forward to it. Snuffles definitely was. He hasn't stopped pouting since I told him the bad news. You can imagine the puppy dog eyes I've been getting off him. he's staring at me right now with them.

We hope to see you very soon.

Love,

Moony and Dad.

I scoffed a laugh. The 'and Dad' was clearly written in a different handwriting to the rest of the letter and I could only assume that it had been Sirius.

I placed the letter onto my desk, sighing. It was disappointing. That I wouldn't get to be with them for Christmas. This would be the second year in a row that I would be spending Christmas in Hogwarts.

"It's better that they're safe," I told myself.

An owl pecked at the window, my head turning to face it. It wasn't my owl. It was black and looked quite old, unlike my brown, barnyard one. It held a letter in its beak.

Quickly opening the window, I took the letter from the owl, which leapt off the ledge and flew away. "Well, hello and goodbye."

The parchment was bent by the owl's beak, and it was slightly deformed, clearly from whoever the handler was. I quickly broke the seal, reading the contents of the letter.

Ms. Black,

I have recently found out that you are acquainted with one Mattheo Riddle and would like you to ask him a question for me. I think you will like the answer.

Ask him about his new tattoo.

Sincerely,

BCJ.

I sighed, reading over his words again. "Show me his new tattoo? Why would Crouch want me to know about his –"

I slouched back into my chair, head hitting the top of it. There was only one thing I could think of. One thing that Barty Crouch Jr would know if it was true. There was only one possibility. One reason that would explain everything and it was one I really didn't want to believe.

ᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜ

"I can't believe Snape is going to teach us how to dance." Pansy exclaimed as we walked through the corridor towards the Great Hall.

"Each Head of House has to teach their students," Draco explained.

"Imagine Flitwick trying to teach the Ravenclaw's," Blaise added.

I laughed lightly as Pansy's face grew wide in horror. "Oh, Merlin, no."

"I think Snape is one of the better teachers we could have," Theo spoke up, laughing.

Mattheo stood in the back of the group, his eyes fixed on the ground as we continued on. I slid into the back, letting the others move forward. They continued their current conversation.