Chapter Ten - Detention

Word Count: 3,407. 

Warnings: None.

After detention

Rushing down the corridor, Mattheo stumbled as he ran backwards, watching the scatterings of students in the halls.

Laughing, he grasped onto my arm, leaning into it. "Did you hear his scream?" I asked, panting as I leaned on my knees. "We're definitely going to get another detention for that."

"Can we get a detention for misbehaving in detention?" he asked.

"It's Snivellous," I explained, to which he simply nodded in understanding.

"Black! Riddle!" Snape's voice exclaimed through the corridor, our eyes widening.

"Shit! Let's go," Mattheo cursed, grabbing my hand and, pulling me along, we sprinted down the corridors of Hogwarts.

Before detention

Knocking on the door, I nervously entered the DADA classroom. Mattheo and I had made our way back to the castle, finding the rest of our group already there and worried. I had dodged their questions, heading straight for my dorm room. I was now on my way to detention, but I had something to do first.

"Lyra," Moony spoke softly, his voicer slightly hoarse.

He was hunched over his desk, pale faced. His hair was a mess on his head and his eyes were clearly bloodshot. Walking closer to his desk, I could now see the sweat dripping from his face.

"Merlin Moony, you look like shit." I greeted, placing the jar I was holding onto the table. "Here's your Wolfsbane."

Turning away from him, I quickly made for the door, "I heard you got detention," Lupin croaked. I then heard a jar lid opening.

"Yeah, that's where I'm heading now." I replied, still facing the door.

"You've got time." I turned around, watching as he took a cup from his bag, "I heard it from Snape in the staffroom."

"That's wonderful."

"You usually tell me." He began to pour the liquid from the jar. "You do like ranting about your teachers."

I shook my head, "I didn't feel like talking to you."

I heard Moony sigh before he lifted the cup to his lips and let it slide down his throat.

"What will it take for you to be normal again?" he asked.

"I'm still me Moony, I'm just not forgetting about it this time."

He drained the cup of liquid, slamming it down aggressively on the table. I flinched.

"Where did you get that ring?" he asked sternly, the conversation topic changing suddenly.

I followed his gaze to my ring finger where I had placed the Black symbol.

"Why do you care?" I retaliated.

"Your father would be appalled if he saw you wearing that."

"Really?" I asked, walking to his desk, "because I thought that him being a mass murderer who killed fourteen people in Voldemort's name kind of changed his view of family." I challenged, "since he abandoned me for a House he was said to hate."

"Your father did hate his family!" Lupin continued, "they were cruel, manipulative, abusive. Sirius escaped that and he never went back." His anger was rising.