Chapter Fourteen - Dog Fight

Word Count: 3,327. 

Warnings: None. 

I woke up the next morning with a headache. A horrible headache. Memories followed the pain, and I was suddenly wide awake. "Shit," I cursed, holding my head in my hands.

"Good morning!" Pansy sung, her voice coming out louder than I thought any voice could.

"Merlin, too loud Pansy. Too loud," I moaned, taking my pillow and pulling it over my head. "Can't you see that I'm hungover?"

"You're hungover!"

A ringing noise echoed through my head. I hissed. "Yeah. Nika made me go to the party last night. The Weasley's spiked the drinks."

"Holy shit!" There was a sudden dip in the bed as Pansy jumped onto it. I groaned as she lay on my back.

Slowly, she began to peel the pillow off my head and her eyes came into my view as she dropped her head beside mine.

I sighed. "Why are you so chirpy 'tis morning Pansy?"

"Because I had an amazing night," she explained, pulling the pillow off me completely.

"And, why," I pushed myself up, leaning my head on my hand as I faced Parkinson, "was it an amazing," I paused, noticing a small love bite on her collarbone, "night?" I finished.

"Well, I may have had a little... fun, with a certain girl I like." She blushed.

I sat up, giving her a raised eyebrow and a smile as I realized who she had been with. "Nika?" I asked.

Pansy's face dropped at my question, gracefully seating herself back onto my bed. "How did you know? Are you a psychic?"

I pointed to her shoulder. She followed my gaze, spotting the purple bruise with a gasp.

She jumped off the bed, covering the mark with her hands as she scurried into our shared bathroom. I could audibly hear her gasp as she studied her skin.

Peeling myself from the comfort of the bed, I stood. My vision blurred as I swayed on my feet. There was a sudden churning in my stomach and I rushed for the bathroom Pansy was in. I held my head over the toilet, kneeling beside it as I began to gag.

Once I had emptied what little contents were left in my stomach, I coughed loudly. A hand touched my back.

"How much did you drink?" Pansy asked, pulling my hair behind my ears and holding it in a clasped hand.

"I had one glass of the red stuff," I managed, my throat scratchy.

"The red stuff?" Pansy exclaimed, a shooting pain pushing through my mind as Pansy hunkered beside me.

I nodded, causing her to laugh lightly. "One cup of that is equal to an entire bottle of vodka. You've never drank before, you were probably a walking zombie last night."

I sighed, sitting back against the wall with my legs held up to my chest. "I kissed Riddle."

Pansy didn't look surprised, biting her lip.

I only sighed again. "Why am I only one affected by him?" I asked her. "By him being distant."

Pansy matched my position on the opposite wall. "He was always this distant with us. He moved in and out of the group like he couldn't make up his mind. We didn't know him like you did."

"Like I did?"

"He was closer to you than he was to any of us. Theo was a close second but you two were like, and don't tell Blaise I used this muggle term, but you were like Bonnie and Clyde."